4: Slate

I stood behind him, Glancing over his shoulder as he reached for the slate. It had taken all but five minutes for me to convince Link that he was the chosen one. The simple 'Only you can save us' worked like a charm.

I was bitting my lip, Trying to not think about the fact that I needed a restroom soon, and instead watched as link's fingers curled around the slate's edges.
He lifted it up cautiously, Flipping it to reveal the smooth side.

Wow, It's like the Ipad I never got for Christmas!

The slate glowed, Flashing another mark and three approving musical notes sung as Link seemed to be reading some invisable writting in the air.

It was all strange.

"Huh" He huffed. Seemingly facinated by nothing.

Then miraculously the cave shook as the panel twisted back into place and pressed in.

"What's that?" I asked.

A smooth doorway made of rock was opening upwards, It looked beyond heavy and as it slammed into place I stood there mouth wide in awe.

I looked out the exit and saw a room.

"Please let there be a bathroom!" I said excitedly, Rushing past Link and out towards the open doorway.

The room was hot and damp, It made my lungs heat up with every breath. Looking up I starred at what seemes to be a magnificent blue glace ceiling that was both ancient and modern looking. Even the floors where spectacular.

The dark room was all shaded blue, from the ceiling and the lantern type stones that where connected to the walls.

A creppy, Happy smile took over my face.

My eyes traveled around and my smile faded faster then ever before. Because I was facing another large rock doorway.

"Nice!" Link said "treasure chest's" He walked toward's one and analyzed it with a twinkle in his eyes. I had to admit it was beyond adorable.

"No time" I pressed my leg's together "I need to pee!"

"Just one" He smiled "There could be something good in here"

"Unless it's a toilet i'm not interested"

He went to open it, Extrememly slowly. As if he wanted me to complain some more.

Link was doing it on purpose. He was teasing me.

"Ughhhhh" The frustration. I turned and walked down the smooth sloping path towards the doorway. It was huge like the other one and the rock emitted heat, There where design's, Strange ones, Carved into it. It was again a masterpiece.

"It's a shirt" He stated. His face bright from the yellow glow coming from inside the chest.

My head whipped around and eyes landed on a dusty old shirt resting in Links hands. It was ugly and dull but just what I needed.

I marched back up towards him.

"Here" Link handed it to me, As if knowing what I was going to say. "I'm tired of having to avoid looking at you"

I think that came out incorrectly.

His cheek's turned slightly red.

"Thanks" I grabbed it and turned away.

I felt odd so looked backwards and noticed Link was watching "umm..."

"Ya- uh-sorry" He turned.

I pulled the dirty shirt over my head and into place. "The shirt helps so much" I smoothed out some wrinkles with my hands.

I ended up waiting, slightly impatiently, as link opened the second chest (He stubbed his toe and I couldn't stop laughing) and put on the pair of old pants that where inside. Finally finished we made our way to the door and spotted another panel thingy.

It glowed orange and blue as we approached and the voice spoke again.

"Hold your Sheikah Slate up to the pedestal"

So that's what they call it, A pedestal. Huh.

"That will show you the way"

Why couldn't things be simple?

Link pulled the Slate off of his pants and held it to the Pedestal that flashed blue in response.

This place was really blue and orange orientated.

"Authenticating..."

It said some other stuff after that but I wasn't listening, I was already at the door ready for it to open as I did a little dance to help.

Like the other one this door raised upwards as well, and slammed into place heavily.

Only this time I was rewarded with warm sun caressing my skin, warming it up. It was bright and meant I was finally getting out of here!

Link was beside me, Looking out at the sun like I was.

"Link..." The voice spoke.

I can't wait to pee.

"You are the light-Our light-That must shine upon Hyrule once again"

I got goosebumps when she said hyrule, Im getting exited. I grabbed Link's arm and started bouncing like a child in a candy store.

"Now, go..."

"We're going!" I sung, Pulling link with me up the steps and up what had dirt ceilings and walls and floors. Even water puddles scattered here and there.

"Not again" I frowned, Faced with a rock wall.

Link run past me with a smirk and climbed up the wall easily. The sounds he made where sjbsjaksgsbsksjvsbsk.

He looked down at me "C'mon"

"I can't!" I said "It's a friken wall... I'm not like spiderman- or you... I'll fall"

"Just try" He rolled his blue eyes.

Do I really want to seem like a wuss infront of him? No.

"Fine..." I neared it and grabbed a ledge with one hand and another with my other hand, Then pulled myself up as my feet tried to grab unto something that had an edge. I ended up making weird noises of distress as Link's laughter filled the room.

"It's" I slipped a little and yelped "Not funny Link!" I scowled up at him as he got on the floor, And put his arm's down "I'm really trying"

"I know" He said "Grab my hands"

One by one I locked our warm hands together and he pulled me up easily.

I was flat on the ground, Wondering how strong Link was because damn. That was hot.

"Thank you" I gushed, Perhaps swooning a little.

"Anytime"

That's when I realized my hand was pressed into a patch of soft, plush grass. My eye's followed it until they landed on the beauty of Hyrule.

All I could say was "wow..."