10: Down

My head was pounding and ears throbbed in tune with my slow heart beat. Sweat coated my hot body.

I was up on a tower, High enough that birds soared by gracefully. Nausia overcame me, Not because of the height but instead because I was alone.

Standing I gulped back my worry, Knowing everything had to be fine.

I hope.

I walked towards the edge, Glancing out towards the view, Something strange caught my eye, A tall, Distant castle. I watched as a smokey figure swirled around it, almost seeming angry and threatening. I gulped again and glanced straight down.

At the bottom of the tower Link was speaking to the old man again, Caught up in a heavy conversation.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, Instead I heard the wind swirl around me.

I waited and watched.

When the man started walking away Link looked up instantly. We stared for a moment. He smiled and waved for me to climb down.

My eyes windened, And even though he probably couldn't see it Link looked like he had laughed at my reaction.

I looked over the edge and the ground seemed to sway and turn under me.

Oh heck to the no.

But I had to, I couldn' stay up there forever, Shaking like a leaf I turned around and hung on with my hands as I let my feet slide down and off the tower. For a moment my heart skipped a beat from fear, Fear that I might fall. Swallowing I closed my eyes, Took a deep breath and then hooked my foot into a groove.

I don't want to do this!

I slid down more, Slowly, until I could grab grooves with my hands.

My hair blew around me, Into my face and up. My heart seemed to be rushing as I finally was off the tower floor.

The grooves dug into my palms and feet painfully. Gritting my teeth I worked my way downwards, My body on overdrive for the second time today. I felt terrified, But thrilled.

It seemed like it was taking forever, I was so carefull, Placing my hand and grabbing, Replacing my foot. Repeat and repeat.

I felt Links eyes on me the whole time, And even though my mind was reeling, Screaming for me to be carefull and pay attention, I couldn't help but feel my cheeks heat up.

My bare foot hit the ground.

Hallilujuah!

I hadn't realized I had been so tense until I released a huge sigh of relief and my body relaxed.

Sitting in the grass I laughed, My eyes closed and hands grasping the soil.

"That was scary" I breathed out, Peaking up at a smirking Link.

"Only took you half an hour"

With a smile I kicked out my foot so it hit his leg. "Shut up"

His deep laughter rung in my ears as he sat next to me.

We stayed silent for five minutes as I took deep breaths.

"Hungry?" He asked, Pulling an apple out of thin air.

"No thanks. My stumach feels like a roller coaster"

"What's that?"

"A ride"

"Hmm" Link bit into the apple.

"Sooo..." I played with my shirts old material "What happened?"

Link finished his apple before replying.

"I woke up and heard the voice again" He said, Throwing the apple core and then running a hand through his blonde hair.

"What did she say this time?"

"Lots of stuff" He sighed "And thanks to the old man, now I know what we need to do next"

"Which is?"

Link pointed, My eyes followed the trail and landed on something strange.

Hell, Everything is strange here.

"We need to go into that shrine"

______A/N__________
Hey! Sorry this took so long and is kind of boring. I have been busy lately but now things are getting less hectic.
Thanks for reading x