15: Sparkle

I could feel the grass agains't my legs, running my fingers through it I dug my nails into the soil and took a deep breath. I could feel the warm breeze as it made my hair wisp around in the wind all around me.

Had it all been a dream?

Opening my eyes I looked at the tall tree towering above me.

Maybe it was.

Sitting up slowly I grabbed the side of my head, It was throbbing. I felt nauseous.

Lying back down in the grass I groaned.

It took what I could guess was more then fifteen minutes of deep breaths and trying to relax before I could sit up without feeling like the ocean was underneath me.

"L-" I cleared my cracking voice "Link?"

No response.

He had to be fine, He HAD to.

My legs shaking and weak I stood up slowly and grabbed unto the tree to help me stay standing. Looking into the distance my eyes spotted the exact spot where Link had last dissapeared.

Squinting I tilted my head. In the grass something was sparkling.

Grabbing a broken branch I made my way to the spot.

Everything seemed so normal. But I couldn't get the chill running up my spine to dissapear.

I made it to the spot without even realizing, I had been so caught up in worry.

Guess I had reason to.

Because what was in the grass made my heart stop and my hand press to my gaping mouth.

My worst fear had been realized.

In the grass lay Link's clothing, Sheikah slate and weapons he had been using...

But Link was gone.

He was dead.