6: Apple's

Link and I sat among the branches of an apple tree, Picking apple's and simply talking. The soft wind was turning cold and harsh as the sun kissed the mountains in the distance, It was beautiful, Birds flew above us singing an evening song.

"It's just so beautiful, I can't believe it" I sighed in happiness, My eyes gleaming and a smile that seemed endless on my lips. "I could watch the sunset forever"

Link agreed, Standing on a sturdy branch to look out farther, I watched as his soft hair blew in the wind and eyes reflected everything in the distance.

"Link"

We both blinked in suprize at the familiar voice. Link unclipped the Slate from his hip and lifted it to eye level.

"Head to the point marked on the map in your Sheikah Slate"

The screen went from a Sheikah eye to a map, A large red X fadding in on a certain spot.

"Do you think we can make it before dark?" I asked, Placing another apple in the bowl of my lifted shirt.

"No" He re-placed the Slate and pointed forward "It's probably an hour and a half walk in that direction, The sun will be gone within half an hour"

"Oh" I looked down "Maybe we can camp for the night?"

"Yah, I just don't know where" He frowned "At least we have enough apple's for dinner and breakfast"

"And it's a good thing I actually like apple's" I laughed.

It made Link look at me with a soft smile, My stumach flipped.

Our eye contact ending when a branch I was holding broke and I nearly fell, Laughing we both carefully climbed down the tree.

"Over there" I nodded "There's smoke. Might be someplace safe"

We walked down the slopped hill towards the smoke, Counting our apple's. Link seemed to be able to put them in a invisable slot in the air, He took mine and tucked them away, All I could do was stare in awe.

"Crap" Link hissed, Crouching down and pulling me with him.

"What?" I whispered.

"It's the old man"

I followed his eye sight and saw the old man next to the fire, His mouth hung open and released loud snores, The stick resting by his legs. He was sleeping.

"Let's go" I said, trying to stand and leave but only getting pulled down again.

"Wait, We need that fire to stay warm and look" Link pointed at a golden apple lying in the grass "We can cook our apple's as well"

"But I don't even like cooked a-"

He was already gone, Rolling my eyes I followed after him quietly towards the fire. It certainly was warm.

My eyes remained locked on the old man's closed one's, Scared he would wake up, And I was ready to make a run for it.

"Don't be so scared" Link whispered "He's out like a light"

Still unsure I squinted my eyes, and turned. "Fine"

"Good" He smiled "Now let's eat"

He pulled the apple's out of the air and placed them on the coal's. I asked for mine just regular and ate the sweet apple with a smile.

When we where finished I was content, But all our apple's where gone and Link was eyeing the one lying next to me.

"Do you think..."

"No Link" I hissed "That's stealing!"

"It's just an apple"

"Still!"

He didn't listen and picked up the apple.

"I BEG YOUR PARDON!" A low deep voice bellowed.

It scared me so much I screamed and fell backwards.

"I do believe that is my Baked Apple! You can't just go about taking whatever you please!" It was the old man "and again might I add"

Link and I stood frozen in fear, Scared of what he would do next.

"Har har har! Forgive me— I couldn't help myself! Please, Enjoy!" He smiled "There are plenty of apple's around here anyway. As I always say an apple and an open flame is a recipe for a succulent treat"

"So you aren't mad?" Link asked.

"Of course not" The man laughed again "My paraglider is a different story though"

Link hung his head "Sorry about that"

"It's quite alright young man"

Silence, The sound of the crackling fire and cricket's the only sounds. With the exception of an owl hooting in the distance.

Finally someone spoke "I know it's off topic but...where are we?" Link asked, I guess he thought we could get answer's from the man.

"This is the great plateau. According to legend, This is the birthplace of the entire kingdom of Hyrule"

"Neat" I added in, It made the old man look at me for the first time.

"And who are you?" He asked.

"I—uh" Suddendly words weren't working and I was completely lost.

"She's my friend" Link added, Saving me from humiliation.

I mouthed the words Thank You to him.

"Come here" The man said. Hesistating for only a moment I walked around the fire and closer to the man, He took my arm, Studying my skin. "You're not supposed to be here"

"What do you mean?" I asked, Worried.

"I mean you are not like us. How did you get here?"

"I don't remember. It was just darkness" I answered with a shrug.

The old man nodded in wonder "Do you remember anything before that?"

"No... I don't even remember my name"

We all remained silent for a moment. Then the man looked up. "I will give you a name until you can remember"

"Well I could chose one-"

"From now on your name here" The man spoke, His voice full of authority "Will be Liana"

Liana? What kind of name is Liana?!

_____A/N________________

Http://youtu.be/QcV6Mx-dfvA

^- if you don't know how to pronounce Liana, Simply watch this video :-)

Please don't be afraid to coment!
I love reading them!!!
Thanks :^)