19: Stone

An hour later I was in the forest, perched on a tree branch and watching as Link- well the player controlling him, tried to defeat a thing called a steppe talus.

It was pretty much a boss made up of large boulders.

Link knew I was here, not the player so we had been talking.

"I TOLD you rocks where scary" I dragged my words out and flinched when the thing flung it's arm in Link's direction.

Link dodged the attack and shot an arrow at a special dark rock on it's head. He just laughed at my comment.

I continue to speak in a teasing manner "If you had believed me you wouldn't have gone running towards a skeptical mound of rocks like a teenage girl skipping through a daisy field after falling in love"

He laughs even louder as another arm is thrown at him, he easily dodges and then starts to climb the face planted monster. "You might recall that I have no control over my body right now Liana"

"Excuses excuses" I smiled. "Just kick it's butt"

"No problem there" I could see his smirk from here as he gladly whacked a hammer into the rock repeatidly. He looked pretty intimidating, stronge... Ho-

I cleared my throat and shaked away the odd thoughts in my head. Yes Link was currently not wearing a shirt thanks to the player, and yes Link's two tonned chest was gleaming in the sunlight all teasingly as he fought.

Many girls would drool at the sight, I was no exception.

The stone beast fell to it's death and dissapeared in a puff of smoke, leaving behind jewels that the player made Link pick up.

"Well" Link smirked again as the player was making him collect mushrooms "I've saved you from the big bad rock"

"And I am forever in your debt" I rolled my eyes in sarcasm.

"I can feel your sarcasm from here" His laugh was low and made me shiver. I laughed with him as I plucked a leaf off a twig.

"You where meant too" I stuck my toungue out in his direction playfully, Not that he could see my playfullness.

Just as Link was about to speak the player turned the angle of his vision so he was face to face with Link.

He did that sometimes for no reason.

Link stood there awkwardly trying not to freak out internally. I could imagine a bead of sweat falling down his fourhead like they do in anime.

The player seemes satisfied and moved on, Taking Link deeper into the dark forest.

That night, after endless hours of different players trying the game, I sat beside the old man and his fireplace, My eyes becoming heavy.

It was a peacefull night, the moon was bright and the harsh wind was warm and smelt of flowers.

"I have a question..." I whispered.

The old man simply nodded, telling me silently to ask.

"... How come I can see the words now...? At first I saw nothing, but now- " I raised an eyebrow in question, my voice soft and hushed.

"Hmm" He ran a hand on his beard "Have you not noticed?" He asked.

"Noticed what?"

"Look" He pointed to my hand, at first I didn't notice anything, thinking the old man had gone crazy. But then I remembered what my skin used to look like and I gasped in shock. It was hardly noticeable but it was there,

I was changing.

_____A/N__________________
If you have questions I will gladly answer them.
For now let me explain a few things.

•Link is still himself even while controlled by a player, He can think. And he can talk, the player can't hear what he says or control what he says (unless it's during certain points in the game), Players can't hear Liana either. Just like Link.

•Link remember's Liana because he was only glitched back to the shrine, the glitch simply moved him. And the story just plays out accordingly.

•Liana can now see the writting in the air, for example when you arrive at a new shrine it says it's name, before she couldn't.

Another chapter will be published soon!