22: first

I sat untop of the montain for hours and hours, wrapped up in blankets the old man had went to his home to get for me. He was very generous, although he had left right after again.

I stayed up there for so long, memorizing the view from top to bottom.

I just started to sing a random melody, watching the sunset when I heard what I could concider a wolf howl.

Terror overtook me, the sound of paws hitting snow behind me made me snap my head backwards.

I screamed.

"Liana!- wai- Hey stop it dude" There was Link standing behind me, his smile wide even as he made a wolf stop behind him.

A WOLF!

"Link!" I said in alert, my eyes wide as I gulped and stood up "wol-wolf" I pointed.

"Yah, I know"

"Wha-w-what's it doing here?"

"Uh" Link scratched the back of his neck "I honestly don't know, but he's friendly" he smiled brightly.

I was in shock, starring at Link.

But the moment he couldn't hold my stare anymore and instead blushed bashfully and turned away while running a hand through his hair was the moment that I gasped in realization.

my chest fluttered and eyes watered.

"Link" I said, my bottom Link quivering.

"Hey" He said in a shy manner.

It feels like it's been a month since I had last seen him act like himself, his real self.

My heart was on the verge of combustion. I couldn't handle it, happy tears blinded my view as I laughed and ran forwards, falling into Link's open arms.

His deep laugh filled my ears as he picked me up and spun me around and around. I had never felt such joy.

My face found his warm neck as he slowed the spin, I smiled agains't his soft skin and breathed in the glorious sent of spices and forest. His smell.

"I missed you too" He whispered, running a hand up and down my back in effection.

The tears where endless. I burried myself further into him and stayed like that for so long. He didn't pull away, instead he burried his face into my hair.

I became aware of his breathing and body. It made me melt.

The air around us changed quickly.

My heart fluttered like the wings of a hummingbird when Link's fingers pressed under my chin and guided my face out of his neck.

His eyes bore into mine for a moment before he leaned down, his eye's fluttered shut a moment before his soft, hot lips brushed mine for a couple seconds.

My lips burned instantly at the contact, but before it could become an explosion his lips where gone.

My eyes fluttered open in wonder, I was in a daze, short of breath and leaning into Link for more without even thinking.

He cupped my cheek with his hand.

I sighed unwillingly and leaned into his hand, closing my eyes again.

"What was that?" I asked, my voice quivering. I couldn't open my eyes and ruin the perfection I was currently in.

"I don't know" his hot breath fanned across my face "I wanted to"

"Have you ever kissed someone before?" I asked, my fourhead pressing agaisn't his.

"No. I mean I don't think so. I'm sorry if you didn't like it. I just- I don't know what happened Liana, I'm not-"

"LINK! Link it's okay" I leaned backwards and smiled at him in a friendly matter, the previous heat between us smashed "It was a simple kiss hello, it's okay. Really"

He sighed and smiled back "good"

The sound of a dog took my attention away from our conversation, the wolf was looking down at the ice keese and barking at it playfully.

"Link!" I said.

"Yes?"

"No not you" I shook my head then walked towards the wolf "hey Link" I smiled and crouched down.

The wolf turned to me and leaned it's head sideways in wonder.

"I know it's you Link, it's nice to meet you, I'm Liana"

His tail wagged and toungue hung out of his mouth as he huffed and puffed like a happy puppy.

I reached a hand out and he walked to me slowly and rubbed his face into my palm once.

"Why are you here? This isn't your game..."

His tail stopped wagging.

"Liana?" Link from this game asked "what are you talking about?"

"Oh" I stood up and looked at him "This is a different version of yourself from a different game"

Link looked weirded out, his eyebrow raised.

"Huh?" He said, making me shake my head playfully.

"Nevermind" I laughed lightly.

...

"Hello" a different voice spoke making me shriek and wolf Link bark agressively.

"Oh my gosh" I pressed a hand to my chest.

"Hey" Link said, waving to the old man who had just appeared from thin air again.

"I just thought I'd bring the spare shirt for when your food resources run low" He handed Link an identical shirt to the one I currently wore.

He also handed us more blankets. We thanked him and he was on his way, a simple shadow among shadows.

Night had fallen, the moon's light was not very bright but we still managed to make a fire by the cliffs edge.

We pushed the snow away and placed a blanket down for wolf Link. He isntantly twirled around and then plopped down happily and fell asleep.

Then Link and I sat down by the fire, cuddled up in the blankets like burritos.

We watched as stars started to appear one by one in the sky. We also watched a rain cloud travel from one end of the view to the other, pouring down on anything that was unlucky enough to be below it.

I yawned, My eyelids becoming heavy.

Unexpectedly I felt Link take my hand.

I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder for support.

I heard his breathing become jaggered as he ran his fingers up my arm, then he said "Liana, are you dying?"

My eyes shot open in shock and I pulled my arm away. A upset frown on my lips.