25: I'm back

Beep beep

Beep beep

I felt a hand in mine, it was sweaty and it's grip was tight.

I frowned.

"Y/N?" A soft voice asked.

Beep beep

"Liana"

The sounds faded and twisted until I felt nauseous, my whole world flipping upside down until suddenly it felt like I crashed.

I had the wind knocked out of me, sputtering for breath I sat up in shock, a scream leaving my lips.

My eyes wide and breathing heavy I couldn't see or hear anything.

Incoherent words flew from my mouth and never reached my ears.

I coughed and coughed. My lungs burning.

I felt arms wrap around me.

My fast heartbeat slowed and the sweat on my skin froze from the cold air.

"Shhhh, it's okay" a voice said.

"Link?"

"Yes, it's me" he answered.

"Oh Link" I could finally see "What did I do? I'm so sorry"

"You better be" He cupped my face in his hands, his eyes glossy and red "Why?!"

"I- I didn't want to" I sniffed inbetween laboured breaths and looked at wolf Link "It was weird, I just couldn't think properly"

Link sighed and then wrapped me in a comforting hug "as long as you're okay that's all that matters"

"But that's the point" I pulled away from the hug and looked at him "I'm not okay Link" I looked up to the sky to keep the tears that threatened to escape from falling "I don't want to leave. But something strange is happening to me and it scared me to the point of losing all logic" I lowered my eyes and face in shame "I'm pitiful aren't I?"

"No" Link said right away "you aren't pitiful Liana trust me"

I forced a smile but it fell quickly. "Anyway, let's just forget about it"

Link was silent for a moment "...we'll search for and find answers. I promise"

"Thank you" I looked at him and smiled for real "you're the best. You know that right"

He laughed and it broke the sadness in the air and replaced it with playfullness "whatever you say"

A smile on both our lips we stood up and brushed the snow off our clothes "oh" Link added, looking excited "I have good news!"

"Well what is it?" I giggled when wolf Link rubbed his face agains't my leg.

"I finished three shrines" I looked up at him in shock as he said that "only one left and then we can get off this plateau"

"Oh my gosh Link" I jumped in happiness "That's awesome!!" I hugged him for a split second and then ran off "WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!" I called out happily.

"Uhhh... Liana?" Link said.

"Huh?" I stopped running and turned around to look at him.

"The shrine is that way" he pointed in a different direction then I was running.

Blushing I started walking in that direction "I knew that"

"Sure you did" He let out a short chuckle.

_______A/N_____________
I love how the chapter names represent how I stopped writting for a while and then now I'm back.

Anyway, sorry guys for being so slow. I told one reader I would update two days after my last update and I feel bad because that just didn't work out.

IF ANY OF YOU WILL BE PLAYING SPLATOON 2 IN THE FUTURE DM ME YOUR NINTENDO SWITCH FRIEND CODE SO WE CAN PLAY TOGETHER! (Sorry about the all caps, I'm just excited as fork)

Hope you guys enjoy and haven't given up on me and this story. >.<