16: Dead

It started to rain at that moment, It's always like that, when something bad happens it starts to rain... But at that moment I felt like it was perfect timing. I could taste the salt from my tears mixed with the rain.

The tears fell endlessly and I screamed at the sky like it was the one who had betrayed me.

Holding my chest at the spot it hurt I gasped for air, Letting out sounds of sadness.

"Why!?" I cried.

It was to painfull, To real. I realized that in such a short time I had started caring for that man so much and it was all taken away so- so-

My shoulders where shaking to much for me to even think. All I could do was feel the pain move through me.

I was soaked, My hair dripping by that point and the sky started to boom with thunder.

Looking up I thought of what I could do.

What COULD I do?

Nothing.

I let out another round of tears.

NO! DO SOMETHING!

I stood up out of the mud and started running. I ran through the rain with determination coursing through my bones and making me run even faster.

Lightning striked.

I yelped in shock and avoided a burning tree that was hit by it.

It struck again and again.

But I kept running, My bare feet slapping agains't the soaked grass.

"BOSSSS!!!!" I screamed "BOSS!"

He stood up and started running to me.

"What? What's the matter!?" He asked as we stopped infront of eachother.

"Link is dead" I cried "He-" I wiped my nose "He's gone"

The tears seemed to fall as heavily as the rain.

"Sweety..." Boss said, Taking my hand.

"What?"

The rain fell even heavier, The sound of it hitting the ground was so loud that we had to raise our voices.

"He's only respawned"

My heart stopped for a moment again, Only this time it was for a different reason.

I didn't even say goodbye to boss, I just ran again, ran as fast as I could.

I came to the shrine of ressurection cave, I jumped down the edge and then stopped.

I gasped.

Yes.

The door was closed, I was wronge, Link didn't die.

He didn't die!!

I fell agains't the door's cold rock and sat down. I was breathing so heavily it hurt.

The sound of the rain echoeing through the cave was eerie but calming.

Oh thank goodness Link.

I smilled and my heart hurt with happiness.

Thank goodness I get to see your laugh again someday.