27: Mushrooms?

The raft was gone. I sat at the edge of the water watching the small waves curle and then fall unto my bare frozen feet.

"Now what?" I huffed, throwing a stone into the water.

I had hoped for some sort of answer but received none. Scrunching my nose up in distaste I threw another stone.

After a while my feet felt numb and I grew aggrivated, sighing I rested my head unto my knees and closed my eyes "ughhh, this is so annoying" I opened my eyes "think think think" and luckily just then I saw a bridge down stream.

I perked up instantly. "YES!"

I picked up my dry shoes beside me I put them back on and then grabbed my bow. Standing I took an arrow and placed it and then began to jog on the snowy path leading downstream.

It didn't take long for me to get to it.

Breathing heavily I looked at the metal bridge.

Taking a careful step unto it I held my breath in worry.

Finding out it was safe I relaxed and kept going until I couldn't anymore.

The bridge was missing a piece in some sense, all that was infront of my feet was a short drop to the freezing, rushing, water below.

Nibbling on my lip I contemplated.

"Hm" I looked down stream "nothing" I looked upstream "nope"

Finaly I noticed the metal slab. With a smile I clapped my hands "that's it!" just what I needed.

I pulled the slate off my hip and looked at it "please work" pressing the magnesis button I gasped as I felt a pull on my arms.

Lines extended from the slate and reached out, already connected to the metal slab.

With a focused face I lifted my arms and began to move the metal slab from it's former resting spot to the emptiness infront of me.

The slab fit perfectly. I placed the slate back on my hip and walked across with my head held high.

I felt powerful, Like I could conquer anything.

!

My eyes widened.

A group of savage bokoblins had seen me.

I TAKE IT BACK, I can't conquer everything!

Running away screaming any pride I had in myself for that short moment had been tossed away like a used tissue.

They left me alone after I had ran far enough.

I ended up back in the forest, walking in a straight line towards the temple.

"You're only a rainbow away my friend.." I sang, brushing my fingers through my naughty hair.

I hummed the rest of the notes.

When Link had been gone for those three days I had learned the forest by heart, and knew where the best mushrooms and plants grew.

Grabing some along the way I never would have expected what happened next.

Wolf Link appeared before me, he howled and then when he saw me his tail wagged.

"Huh" left my lips as he walked up to me and pushed his face into my empty hand. A smile finaly reached my lips and I began petting Jay softly "It's nice to see you" I giggled softly.

He barked in response.

"Liana!" A voice called.

I looked up, and sweeping down from the sky was my friend. Link had the paraglider and sailed slowly down and then landed softly infront of me.

Putting the paraglider away he looked down at me and gave me a smoldering look, smirk and all as he lowly said "hey" looking me up and down.

My cheeks heated up and I pushed him playfully "Link don't do that it's creepy"

He wiggled his eyebrows, making me turn away as I blushed harder "you know you loveeee it" he said.

Did he eat a mushroom he shouldn't have or something?

"No Lin-" he popped up infront of me, his hands on my hips "gahhh" I turned again only to have him pop back up infront of me.

He stuck his toungue out "sorry I ran off on you again" his hands let go of my hips and went to his messy hair as he re-did his man ponytail "this little fluff ball here decided to chase some weird enemy without thinking" He finished re-tying the ponytail and then rubbed wolf Link's head until the poor dogs fur was all over the place.

Jay looked like he had just been violated.

A laugh left my lips "way to hurt the poor guys ego there Link"

"Huh?" Link looked at a frustrated looking Jay "eh, he'll have to get used to it someday"

I laughed harder when Jay growled.

"What has gotten into you?" I asked between laughs.

"Everything" he raised his arms in the air "Liana we can finally get off this plateau and explore the world!"

He was acting more like himself, carefree and not afraid of judgement. I loved seeing him this way. "Awesome" I smiled.

I just hoped... That things wouldn't change when we left.

_______A/N________________
Here is one chapter! It's not very long or anything.

I'm going to try and write my next chapters about Link and the reader bonding before things get overly overwhelming.

Anywhoo, thanks guys for being so kind and understanding (-: you are amazing!

Next chapter within 5 or less days.