7: Slumber

Fireflies flew around us, beautiful like the stars in the sky, as the old man played an intrument he had carved out of wood, It was a soothing melody.

"Do you have enough leave's?" Link asked me.

"Yes"

We had gathered nearby leaves to help make bedding for the night, And with the flames from the fire making odd shadows and crackling to the old mans song, I was getting sleepy fast.

Yawning I lied down and covered my bare legs in leaves, Most will probably blow away, But for now they helped me feel less naked.

"What is that?" Link asked the old man, He seemed wide awake.

"That temple there..." I saw it too, It was outlined by moonlight. "Long ago, That was the site of many sacred ceremonies. Since the decline of the kingdom, It now sits abandoned, In a state of decay" He turned towards us, His eyes filled with memories "Yet another forgotten entity. A mere ghost of it's former self"

"That's terrible" Link and I spoke in unison.

"What happened?" I asked.

The old man's sorrows cleared from his feature's and instead of answering he lied agains't the rock and closed his eyes.

Link came next to me, Lying down in the leaves he gathered, I turned so we could talk face to face. "You don't seem so sleepy" I said, My eye's beginning to slowly drop.

"I think it's adrenaline, I'm just so excited Liana"

My breath caught in my throat, He called me Liana. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

"I'm sorry" He said "If you don't like it we could chose something else?"

In thought I looked Link in the eyes, And for some reason knew I loved the name just because of the way he said it, Like it was special, Unique and beautiful. "I think I like it actually"

He smiled and pulled a strand of my hair out of my face "Good, Because I like it too, Liana" He said the name slowly, And it sent shivers up my back.

I smiled, My cheeks blazing red and heart thumping. We lied next to eachother in silence, Never losing eye contact and smiles and laughter happening for some unknown reason.

I felt happy.

"You're so handsome" It slipped, And I suddendly wanted to die in a hole and never be seen again, oh gosh, save yourself. "But those pants are to short for you" facepalm.

He laughed "At least I have pants"

My cheeks blarred red again.

His dark eyes bore into mine, He seemed so serious and intense.

"Uh-hm" A cleared throat made us snap back into reality and I turned around in embarrassement, facing away from Link "You kids get to sleep" The old man said.

"Okay" Link said "Goodnight"

"Night"

My cheeks remained red and hot until the moment I fell asleep.

-

The darkness was getting lighter, It had all been a dream, hadn't it? and now I was waking up, Although in all honesty a part of me didn't want to.

"Is... she dead?"

"No. She is in a coma"

"Why?!"

"I don't know, I'm sorry"

It was silent, For only a moment, And then a soft voice spoke lovingly, Fear etched into it.

"Please. Please Y/N wake up..."

"Goodmorning!"

Confused I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

It was Link, He was cooking meat on the open flame, A large smile across his face and his hair messy.

"I got us some food"

Two steaks where sizzling and smelt delisious, I smiled and stretched with a yawn. "What time is it?"

"I'm guessing around noon, I wasn't sure if you'd ever wake up" Link laughed teasingly.

"Shut up" I touched my hair and found it full of leaves and in knots "Crap, I must look like a disaster"

"Kinda"

I glared at him then sat up, out of the leaves and next to Link by the fire.

"I had the strangest dream"

"What was it?" He asked.

"Hmm" Thinking, I realized by each moment it was getting more and more unclear. "Something about a coma"

"... What ..." He seemed shocked and confused.

"Yah" Shaking my head I pushed away the thoughts and looked at Lunch. "Looks yummy, How did you get it?"

"It's actually a long story, I did a lot this morning" Link seemed proud.

"Like?"

"Well" He reached backwards and pulled forward two clubs "Got us some weapons" Link placed one in my hand and instantly my arm fell.

"Oh my gosh! It's so heavy!"

"Really?" Link picked the second one up so easily.

I puffed out air and let go of my club, "How did you get them?"

"I snuck up on a camp of pigs and took them while they where sleeping" He shrugged.

Laughing I said "You mean Bokoblins?"

"Oh. Yeah"