38: past [3]

Link stared at the girl in awe as she brushed her wet messy hair from her face. Zelda cleared her throat and then looked determined. Her blue eyes serious and mouth in a sharp line.

"Link I've been waiting for you" she said tracing the books binder with her finger.

He was so confused.

"I saw you in a dream" she looked at the cloudy sky "someone... told me I would find you soon"

She turned to see his face, which was full of skepticism.

With a sigh she said "I know it seems weird" she grasped his hand and hers was cold as ice "but I swear it's true!"

Link nodded. Believing her and partially terrified as she squeezed his warm hand so tight it was starting to hurt him.

"Anyway..." her voice softened "I want you to stay around here okay? In case. You can't go running off when a princess says she needs you around now can you?"

Link shook his head no.

"Good!" Zelda giggled.

"ZELDA!" A woman yelled from the castle.

"Oh!" She twirled about and dropped the book into links lap "my cake is burning!"

She ran off down the street.

And link sat in the wet grass confused.
That was the last time he saw her... for a while at least.

But he kept his promise to stay.
___

Hey guys I know this chapter was short.
But I want to get back into the story and need to start just writing.

Botw2 will be here soon, and I can't believe how much time I have spent on this story.
I wanted it to be much more than it already is, unfortunately time has passed so fast and now I need to find a way to make the story not as long as it could be.
See you next chapter guys.