34: Gaurdians

I looked out at a bleak sky as I pondered on a few important details.

Firstly this bed I had made a while ago was being used for the first time, and although it was beyond uncomfortable it was better than lying in the grass and having to deal with insects.

Or so I told myself.

And if it hadn't been for the huge wolf sleeping across my feet I may have become a human popsicle.

But those where not important, they where distraction.

My mind seemed to wander mostly towards the fact that I may be leaving the game soon and yet I am not with the one person I would want to say goodbye to.

I missed him, as usual.

Yes, It's been a few days and I have still yet to finish all four shrines. Pitiful really.

But I did have to give myself credit, these past few days I have grown better at using a bow to the point that now I can hit a keese easily if one should try to attack me.

I've also fed myself very well and defeated many enemies.

I wasn't hopeless.

...

Rolling my eyes at myself I sat up and yawned. The morning air was crisp and since no sun was in sight the dew on the grass wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

Jay yawned as well and stretched his paws out after I moved my feet away from under his belly.

"Good morning" I said.

I had learned that Jay was a good listener (not that he has a choice), and in order for me to remain sane I had to communicate with him.

"Off to the last shrine" I frowned.

I left the worst for last, otherwise I would have finished all four by now.

But I had a good reason.

those damn gaurdians are creepy!

The way the eye brightened as it notices you, like it is excited to finally have a prey to kill, sends shivers down my back.

And not good shivers like when your crush holds your hand.

Just thinking about it made me stressed "Maybe we can just ignore the last shrine?"

I knew that was not an option.

I'm just a coward!

I pictured myself as a chicken clucking around in the dew filled grass.

With a laugh I shook my head and looked at Jay. "Ready boy?"

Of course he couldn't respond so I didn't even wait before I started running in the direction towards the shrine.

I heard it right away.

Not a moment after a blue line was pointing towards my chest.

"Holycrapholycrapholycrap-" I repeat over and over as I run. The blast missed me by a few inches, making a wall behind me blow up from the shot. Rocks tumbled around my feet and the line was back to aiming.

The first wall blocked my path.

Link could easily climb that but we all know I lack in that aspect.

Still I tried.

I got half way up the wall before my foot slipped and I fell, and as I hit the ground I looked at the guardian in shock just as it finished powering up and then shot at me.

All I could see was blue.

And then darkness took over.

A moment later I respawned back unto my bed, Jay was sitting infront of me with his tail wagging.

Was he teasing me?

"I did that on purpose" I folded my arms and looked away.

That was not the first time I've respawned, sometimes I end up right back where I 'died' but other times I am sent back to a place I had been half an hour ago.

I guess it depends on the situation.

Running my hands through my notted hair I groaned. How was I supposed to avoid three or four of those things if one can easily get me?

Suddenly I smilled and looked down at Jay.

"Heyyy Jayyyyy" I said sweetly.

He growled, showing his teeth.

"Oh come on, don't be like that! Don't you want to help me?"

Shaking his head he ran away, heading for the forest.

"Coward!!" I called after him.

I guess the brave one wasn't so brave that he wanted to be a target and distraction for those gaurdians.

When I was left with just silence as my company I pulled out my slate, hoping I could find an easier way to the shrine.

Sure enough there was a way.

Standing up with fake determination I pictured myself on a black stalion in the sunset, stronge and read-

A bug lodged itself down my throat.

Coughing I held my throat.

...

Well that was nasty.

....

okay back to daydreaming.

And so my hair whisped in the sunlight as I smiled and rode onwards to another great adventure!!

"Yah right" with a snort I started walking to the shrine for the second time.

"Link"

"Call me Jay"

"What, why?"

Jay in his human form smirked at midna "because I like the way it sounds and it would sound even sweeter off your lips"

Midna snarled "don't tease me, jerk"

"But it's fun" he laughed "so why'd you change me back?"

"I missed you" She flew up and sat atop his head "you make a great wolf but you know I love your hylian form more" she leaned forward so she was face to face with Jay, only she was upside down "it's hot"

"Fine, you've made your point" he winked. "But we really should go back to Liana"

"That pile of rubble?" She made a 'pffft' sound "what's so important about that thing?"

"I guess if she isn't important then you wouldn't mind me walking up to her right now, like this"

"That's not going to happen" Midna said.

Within a secound he was a wolf again and was running back towards Liana.

___________A/N____________
Hey guys! Sorry about the wait, again. Hope you guys liked this rather short chapter. It's not perfect but I have to make progress somehow right?

Thanks for reading!

I'll update soon again with another 'past' chapter if you guys want.

If you want a regular Liana chapter just let me know.

-Megg.M❤︎