Blood 25 - unedited

Elisse can hear the song airing in the background while staring at the entire veniew. Napangiti tuloy siya, isa sa paboritong kanta niya ang naririnig, iilan lang ito sa kantang natitipuhan bukod sa classical music.

Here we are,
At the end of the road - a road that's quietly caving in,
Come too far to pretend that we don't - we don't miss where we started,

Seven in the evening. Loud music, visitors, foods, and so on... Tonight will start the most awaited event of a lifetime.

Looking back, I see a setting sun, and watch my shadow fade into the floor,
I am left standing on the edge
Wondering how we got this far,

Everyone was cordially invited to Elisse Ayaka's eighteenth years of existence.

They left us alone,
The kids in the dark,
To burn out forever,
Or light up a spark,
We come together,
State of the art,

Sa totoo lang  ay kinakabahan talaga siya sa mangyayari ngayon. Ganoon pala kapag magce-celebrate ng debut. She was feeling nervous and excited, and scared—because anytime...the change will devour her.

We'll never surrender,
The kids in the dark,
So let the world sing,

"What a shame,
What a shame,
Beautiful scars
On critical veins, "

Come together,
State of the art,
We'll never surrender,
The kids in the dark,

"Elisse," Napatingin siya kay Adrienne and her jaw almost dropped.

She looked so gorgeous on her black gown with a slit on the right side, showing her lover's thigh. Adrienne was definitely a sight to behold.

Black and white ang motif ng debut, lahat ng guests ay naka-black attire maliban sa kanya. Elisse was wearing a spaghetti-strapped, white gown na halos lumagpas na sa paa niya dahil sa haba at kumikintab ang pinakadulo nito na parang nakakalat na bituin. Thanks to her high heels that she managed not to trip.

The venue's still inside the university premises, doon mismo sa malaking function hall. The place was filled with white balloons hanged on every walls with long, black laces attached to it. Maganda rin pagmasdan ng mga red rose petals na nakakalat sa sahig. They made her simple celebration into a one of a kind extravagance with touch of sophistication.

"Elisse."

"Hm?"

"Happy birthday." Adrienne smiled, and Elissed felt like everything became a blur. The vampire leaned in to kiss her forehead and it almost took her breath away.

"T-thank you," She smiled back.

"A pleasant night, ladies and gentlemen," their Dean started, nasa platform na ito at siya ang mag-a-act as the emcee tonight. The teachers, the other staffs, the Divisions' Head Captains, at maging ang ibang mga bampirang kasama ay huminto upang makinig. "Welcome to this day in which one lady," He eyed her and she smiled shyly. "Is about to shine in tonight's celebration."

Malapit na...

Napailing siya sa narinig na boses sa isipan. Kailangan niyang huminahon.

Halos lahat ay gumugugol ng oras para matingnan siya. Kahit ang ilang estudyante na hindi nakakausap ay ngumiti sa kanya. Marami silang nandito, pero pakiramdam niya ay may kulang pa rin. Alam niyang may kulang pa rin.

"And now let us brace ourselves as I am about to introduce our celebrant this evening. There are lot of beings existing in this world, but the supernatural has chosen her." He, again, smiled at her. "Her simplicity and the humanity living inside her has brought her to us, to our race. Join me in welcoming...Miss Elisse Ayaka."