Blood 42 - unedited

Elisse was frightened the first time she walked in this bizarre place. Her feet tingled as she took a few steps.

She looked around, it's not dark although there were little ball of lights scattered around. It felt connected. Even she, she can feel its connection, like how her heart was beating to pump blood repeatedly, like how the brain was transmitting millions of messages in order to function well. Just like the fair share of every breaths.

She embraced herself and savored the warmth of her palms and the touch of the solitude she was having right now.

"Nagkita ulit tayo."

Mula sa kawalan ay lumitaw ang isang taong parte na ng malaking bahagi ng kanyang sarili. Elisse...the other side of her.

She smiled at her. Katulad ng dati ay madilim pa rin ang paraan ng pagkakangiti nito, parang lagi itong may binabalak na masama.

Elisse smiled at her. "Elisse, bakit nandito ka?"

Natawa ito kaya napakunot ang noo niya. Bakit ito natawa? May nakakatawa ba?

"Ikaw?" Tumaas ang kilay nito habang nakangiti pa rin sa kanya. "Hindi mo ba tatanungin 'yang sarili mo kung bakit nandito ka?"

Natigilan siya sa sinabi ng kausap. She looked at her hands. But...this place felt real. Nananaginip ba siya?

Bigla niyang naalala yung nangyayari bago siya mapunta rito. Si Adrienne. They're fighting. Then, suddenly, she felt something inside her, like a warning.

And the moment she opened her eyes...nandito na siya.

"What happened?"

"Honey," Umikot ito na parang rumarampa bago tumingin sa kanya at ngumisi. "Welcome to my world. I mean...our world."

"Our world?" Nagtatakang tanong niya. Saan ba siya napadpad? Baka hinahanap na siya ni Adrienne!

"Woman. Let me tell you na hindi ka nag-teleport physically. Your body's still safe and sound in the arms of our beloved Adrienne." she said smoothly.

"Then...then where am I? What is this...world?" she asked in bewilderment.

"We are here, where everything lies glamorously, where every desire is hiding, where all of the impossibility stays still. Welcome to our unconscious mind."

In a snap, a map showed in front of the two, similar to the world. There were series of dots—blue, violet, orange, and red.

"Those blue dots are for humans, red are for vampires, and violet are those newborns and other vampire who have your blood. And last, the orange are those people who are infected."

Tiningnan niyang maigi ang nasa harapan nila. Para itong buhay dahil dumarami ito, nagbabago ng kulay, at may nawawala.

"Right at this moment, we're going to unleash the last resort towards our sweet victory."

"How?"

And again, a smile perfectly etched on her face. Now she looked exactly like Elisse herself.

"Elisse, watch those dots," She said and she obliged. "You can end this by connecting yourself with every living dots that you can see. You can end this in just a snap of your command."

"Can..." Elisse cleared her throat. "Then can I turn those newborns back into human?"

"No, dear...you will them."

Napalunok siya sa narinig. "Pero—"

"That's the only way."

Paulit-ulit na nag-echo sa isip niya ang sinabi nito. The only way was to kill.