Blood 41 - unedited

"You never changed, really." Haru smiled to himself.

He, again, took a good look at the screen as he watched evey single details of the chaos he made. The newborns who victimized every human, turning them into vampire, their deaths, the fights, the guardians...everyone.

He can almost feel the victory. He broke the contact and stared at the Dean—Rod—who's standing at his front, observing him. "You can't see the positive outcome of what I'm doing, do you?"

Rod answered him with silence, Haru knew the answer.

"You know what's disgusting?" he asked, "It's how all of you can't let go of the past. You keep on repeating the same tactic, the same tradition, the same decisions...and you keep getting the same answer."

Still, Rod didn't even move.

"You, all of you, those who thought themselves as the righteous one, didn't even dare trying new ways to end this stupid war. You keep on repeating the stupidity and keep getting the same results. Para ninyong inuntog ang sarili ninyo ng paulit-ulit."

"Alam namin ang ginagawa namin."

"Yeah."

"You never changed, too, Haru," Rod finally said, "Kakaiba pa rin ang tumatakbo sa utak mo."

Hinagod ni Haru ang puti niyang buhok at ngumisi. Sa isang iglap ay nasa harapan na siya ng Dean. Without a second thought, he released a powerful blow at the man na hindi na nito nailagan kung kaya't tumalsik si Rod palayo at bumagsak sa piles ng mga cords at wire na nasa gilid.

Napaupo siya at bumangon pero bago pa nito maidilat ang mata ay umangat na ang lalaki at muling tumilapon sa kabilang bahagi ng kwarto. Nagkaroon ng bitak ang pader na tinamaan niya ngunit hindi niya ito alintana.

Muli ay tumayo siya. Nakita niya si Haru na naglalakad sa harapan niya. Rod quickly stood up and attacked his opponent with enhanced speed and strength. Nakailag ito sa unang atake niya ngunit mabilis niyang nahatak ang buhok nito, he growled at tinuhod ang sikmura nito. Haru gasped in pain and shock, causing him to cough.

Hindi pa iyon natapos dahil muli naman siyang nakatanggap ng isang malakas na suntok sa panga. Bumagsak siya ngunit inangat siya ni Haru at hinagis sa pader, causing the wall to break. This inhuman strength could kill a human but not Haru.

"M-malakas ka pa rin." He spit the blood he tasted in his mouth. Unti-unting gumaling ang pasang natamo ng kanyang panga. His face contoured. Then, he smirked.

Tumayo siya at tumalon pataas para sigurin pasulong ang Dean. Ipinangsangga ni Rod ang braso nang sumuntok si Haru at tinulak siya. Napaatras ito ngunit hindi sapat para mapatumba siya.

Then, finally, the white haired man named Haru used his attribute. He growled. Unti-unting lumalaki ang kanyang katawan, humahaba ang balahibo nito at ang mga kuko. His eyes getting distant and deadly, his fangs growing longer and sharper, until he slowly morphed into a big, dangerous animal.

Metamorphosis—the ability to change into any animal he pleased. This took a lot of energy so he's aware that he needed to end the fight soon.

Sa naging anyo ni Haru ay hindi na nagulat si Rod. He'd seen this before. He's aware, too, that Haru's getting desperate already.

My, my, still impatient as ever, he said to himself.

With his only attribute to read minds, and reading Haru's mind getting useless, he knew since then it was not enough. Before he became the Dean, he trained himself to be strong enough. And now, he knew right now that it was the perfect time to show the results of his hardships for the past years.