#10

Josh's POV

I grabbed Simon's hand and pulled him up from the floor.

"Thanks." He said, smiling, letting go of me.

"No problem. Shall we go back to class?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied, taking my hand again. "Let's go. Oh, does JJ have any friends that might have a go at me?"

"His brother might try, but he has no chance. I almost forgot! Do you need to go to the nurse's room?"

"Nah, i'm fine. That would make me seem like a total wimp. Let's go." He said, pulling on my hand. I walked towards the classroom, him following. I opened the door quietly, pulling Simon after me. Miss Brown glanced at us before going back to the board, talking about a homework assignment. I took Simon back to his place, guiding him to his chair. A few of the kids, including Vikk and Tobi, smiled reassuringly as I sat down. We also got some death glares from JJ's mates, and I just glared back. I looked round the room and noticed JJ was missing. I nudged Simon.

"JJ isn't here. He must be in the Anger Management room!" I said happily.

"Cool... I guess..." Simon responded, looking down nervously. He could obviously feel the stares...

"Don't be worried, Si. It's fine. We're OK." I said comfortingly.

"Thanks." Simon said, resting his left elbow on the desk and putting his hand on the side of his face, turning towards me. "This is awkward..."

"Simon and Josh, did you hear that?" I heard Miss Brown say.

"No, sorry..." I said.

"Well, your English homework is to do a 5 minute speech about anything, due in next week. Oh, and you and Simon can work together if you want." She said, smiling.

"Thank you, Miss." I said, smiling.

"No problem, right..." She continued. I looked at the clock, and saw we were only 10 minutes into the lesson. This was gunna be a long day...