#24

Simon's POV (Still in flashback)

I carried her into the house and set her down in the armchair I was sat in earlier. After making sure she wasn't going to fall out, I ran back out and picked up her vodka bottle and shoes so the neighbours wouldn't see, then ran back in, closing and locking the door behind me. I dropped the shoes by the door and took the bottle to the kitchen and put it on top of the cabinets. I heard my mum moving round, and went back towards her. She had got up and walked towards the door. I ran up and blocked her path.

"Mum, you're drunk. You need to go and sit down." I said slowly.

"I'm not drunk! How could you?!?!" She yelled, reaching up and slapping me. I ducked down and covered my head with my arms. She grabbed my forearm and pulled it away from my face, slapping me again and again...

*Out of flashback*

"That night, when she realised dad was gone, she hit me until she broke my nose. She blamed me for everything, and I believed her. That happened night after night after night. She came home drunk, I took her inside, she beat me up. I only saw her when she was drunk or extremely hungover. That has been going on for 3 years now." I said.

"3 years? Why didn't you tell someone?" Josh said.

"I was too scared that someone would take me to a home. And, for the first couple of weeks, I believed her when she told me it was my fault." I said sadly.

"It wasn't anything to do with you!"

"That's not what my mum told me."

"Your mum is a bitch." Josh said bluntly, making me smile slightly.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"Well, we're at my house now. Don't worry about your mum anymore." Josh said, leading me forward.