#42

Simon's POV

"I'm coming! It's ok! I'm coming!" Josh yelled. I could hear his shouts and footsteps get closer and closer.

"I'm here!" I yelled back, as he approached. Suddenly, there was a loud 'oof' sound, and the sound of someone falling to the ground. "Josh?" I called, walking, well, more like stumbling, towards where his shouts came from. "Josh? Where are you?" I asked.

"I-I'm here." A weak voice called from in front of me. I slowly walked forward again, my arms flailing so I could feel the trees around me. My foot connected with something soft and warm and I went flying, falling onto my stomach. "Simon?" Josh asked from underneath me. I guess I tripped over him.

"Joshy!" I said, relieved as I threw my arms around me. He chuckled and hugged me back.

"I think I broke my arm." He muttered after a few minutes of hugging.

"What?"

"I fell on it twice, and it hurts like a bitch." He muttered. I sat back slightly, to avoid knocking his arm.

"What do we do now?" I asked, the reality of the situation slowly dawning on me. We were lost in the middle of a forest, after dark (I think, I obviously can't actually see that), one of us probably has a broken arm, and the other might as well be blind. We have no clue where we are, or how to get away from that place. Shit.

Josh's POV

"We could call the police?" I suggested. Simon's face went even paler than it already is, and he shook his head fiercely.

"No, please don't." He said, panicked, grasping my good hand tightly.

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"I-I don't want to say." He whispered, looking down.

"What else do we do then?" I asked, deciding to leave it alone. He shrugged weakly and hugged me again. I hugged back with my good arm. After a few minutes, Simon sat up. I saw tears running down his cheek, so I wiped them away with my thumb, frowning.

"You don't need to cry. Sure, we may be stuck in a forest in the middle of the night with no way out, but at least we're together. That's all we need. Right? Who am I kidding, we need to get out of here!"