#21

(A/N Over 100 votes WTF thank you!!!)

Simon's POV

I pulled away from Josh and wiped my wet cheeks.

"Simon, why didn't you tell me?" Josh asked, concern in his voice.

"I didn't know how to." I said sadly.

"What do you mean? I wouldn't have judged you." He said, taking my hands.

"I didn't know."

"Next time someone hurts you, no matter in what way, tell me. You can trust me."

"Thank you Joshy." I whispered.

"No worries. Where shall we go now?" Josh asked, thinking.

"My mum's my only relative, so I have nowhere to go." I said slowly, tears escaping from my closed eyelids again.

"Stay at mine!" Josh said. I could hear the smile on his voice.

"Really?" I asked, doubtful of his offer.

"Yeah! You can stay in my room!"

"What about your parents?" I asked nervously.

"They're pretty chill. I'm sure, once I've explained your situation, they'd rather you stayed with us." Josh said. I smiled weakly and nodded slightly. Frankly, I was absolutely terrified at the prospect of staying at someone who was basically a total stranger's house.

"Are..are you sure?" I asked, hoping for a chance to bail out.

"Well, where else are you gunna go?" Josh said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Uh, good point..." I said, trying to smile, but failing miserably.

"This way." He said, taking my hand and starting to walk down the road to the right, the opposite way from the bus stop.

"Um... uh... what will you tell your parents?" I asked nervously.

"Are you ok with me telling them what I know about you?" He asked considerately.

"Uh, do I have to be in the room?"

"Not at all."

"Then I'm fine with it."

"Ok. Why... why does your mum... you know..."

"Hit me?" I said. I was used to the word 'hit' by now, and it had no more real... feeling in the term.

"Uh... Yeah." Josh said, clearly feeling awkward.

"Uh, it's a long story..."