#35

Simon's POV

Sophia had dragged me along several corridors when we finally stopped. I heard the sound of a door opening and Sophia ushered me through.

"Hello, Sophia." A woman's voice greeted. "And this must be Simon!" She said, as she took my hand and shook it. Her hand was wrinkled, so she must be old.

"Yes. And you are...?" I said politely.

"Mrs Robinson, your English teacher." She said. She let go of my hand and I heard her step back.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said, trying to be polite.

"Come on, Simon!" Sophia said impatiently. For one blissful moment, I had forgotten about the bitch.

"Ok, ok." I said, letting her drag me off. Before she could unnecessary sat me down, I pulled my arm away and sat down. She hmphed and stormed off. I smiled in triumph. Only Josh could touch me as much as she did. Wait, what? (A/N 😏)

"Right, class, we have a new student today, his name is Simon." She said. "Alica, he's sat on your right." She continued. I felt a hand touch mine. That must be Alicia.

"Hi." She whispered.

"Hey." I muttered back. "Um, what do we do in English? I mean, we can't write properly or anything..." I asked. There was a girlish giggle from my left.

"Your guide helps you write." She explained, taking her hand from mine. Sophia had to help me write? That was just unnecessary. I mean, I do need help, but Sophia? Ugh.

"Really?" I said, hoping there was a chance that wouldn't happen.

"Yeah. We can't write otherwise." She said, giggling. I sighed in disappointment. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"My guide's a bitch." I said bluntly. I heard her gasp and giggle slightly.

"Guys, no talking." Mrs Robinson said from the front. She started going on about building tension through writing, and I zoned out, thinking about Josh.

Josh's POV (Right after Simon left)

I stood there numbly for a few moments, then realised something. I still had to get ready. I turned and ran into the house, slamming the door shut behind me and running up to my room. I pulled some random clothes out of the wardrobe, pulling them on clumsily. I charged to the bathroom and grabbed a brush, doing my hair as best as I could in the shortest time possible. I sprinted back to my room and grabbed my phone, then ran downstairs and pulled my backpack on, slipping my trainers on and tying the laces messily. I threw open the front door and ran through, almost forgetting to lock it behind me, and sprinted off towards the bus stop.