#45

Josh's POV

~PREVIOUSLY ON DRAGON BALL Z!~

Just then, my mum burst into the room.

"Joshua Bradley! Where were you last night? And why aren't you you at school?"

What do I say now?

"Oh, um, we were... we were..." I mumbled, avoiding eye contact. She suddenly burst into tears and ran towards us, pulling both of us into a hug, sobbing.

"Never do that again!" She said, pulling away and wiping her eyes. She grasped my shoulders and stared at me, shaking her head. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"I-I don't know, I'm sorry." I whispered, hugging her again. She burst into a fresh wave of tears, resting her head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes, then she sat back on my bed and wiped her eyes again.

"Why is there a woman outside waiting for you, Simon?" She asked. I had forgotten about her. "She was knocking on my door and asking to be let in, but she seems horrible, so I sent her away."

"She is horrible." Simon muttered from beside me, his head down. He didn't say anything else, so I carried on for him.

"She's Simon's guide thingy at his school. She's the reason Simon left school yesterday." I explained. My mum looked at Simon, confused.

"You left school yesterday?" She asked. Simon nodded timidly and my mum sighed and shook her head. "Is that why you weren't here?" She said, receiving another nod from Simon. She sighed again, turning to me. "You do know you could've called me and got me to pick you up, right?" She asked. I hadn't thought of that.

"Uh, I thought you would be mad..." I said.

"As long as you give me a half-decent reason, I'm not gunna be mad." She said, smiling. Mum goals. "Speaking of reasons, spill it."

"Can you get rid of Sophia first, mum?" I asked. She nodded and walked out.

Josh's mum's POV

I walked out of the house and towards Sophia, trying to look as menacing as possible.

"Excuse me, I'm gunna have to ask you to leave." I said. She hooked at me angrily and sighed.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." She said in her horrid fake voice.

"And why not?"

"Until Simon comes out of the house and comes with me I cannot leave." She said, gesturing at the house.

"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, Simon is not in the house!" I said slowly. She shook he hears and sighed dramatically.

"If that is the case, why won't you let me in?" She said.

"Because I don't appreciate petty bitches begging to get into my house, trying to drag away one of my son's best friends. Leave, before I call the police." I said, smirking. She gasped and slapped me. I stood, in shock, my hand on my cheek, as she smirked, until Josh came running out of the house, to my side.

"What the fuck!" He yelled, taking my arm. He looked ready to beat her into a pulp, but I gave him 'the look' and he calmed down slightly. "Leave, before we call the police. I never want to see you here again. Bitch." He said, slapping her before quickly turning me round and hurriedly walking back to the house.

"Is she following us?" I asked.

"No. She overbalanced and fell over when I hit her. Thank god for ridiculous high heels."