#17

(A/N All of this stuff about Simon's mum is complete bullshit. I know his mum would never do all this stuff)

Simon's POV

I was so nervous about this. Not just the whole new school thing, but going home with Josh too. It was true when I said my dad didn't live with us, but it was a lie when I said that my mum was at work with the car. We didn't even have a car! My mum was either sleeping off a hangover or at the bar drinking. (A/N I know Simon's mum wouldn't do that but just go with it.) I was afraid that my mum would be wandering around the house drunk, and would get angry at me. I wasn't afraid of her anger, that was something I was used to. I was afraid of Josh's reaction. Most just walked away and never spoke to me again. Granted, very few people even spoke to me in the first place, let alone helped me or offered to walk me home. I was afraid Josh would no longer speak to me again. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. I was afraid he would tell people at school and make me even more of a social outcast than I am now. I was afraid he would call the police and get me put in a home. I was afraid he would make me leave my mother on her own. As much as I hated her alcohol problem, she was my mother and I loved her. She needed my help and she could die without me. I was afraid she would hit me in front of him. I didn't care anymore, I was completely used to it, but Josh wasn't. He might call the police and get my mum arrested. I couldn't let that happen.

For the first time ever, I was praying my mum was out drinking.