#12

Simon's POV

I was led into the room and to a seat.

"Simon, we can't sit with you! The only spare seats aren't next to each other!" Josh whispered frantically.

"It's ok..." I said nervously.

"I'm gunna have to sit 3 seats to your left, on the row in front. Vikk is sat 1 seat to your right, 2 rows behind you." Josh said.

"Ok... Is JJ in this class?" I asked.

"Um....no, but Ethan is. He might be a little... awkward. And he will try and talk to you, or pick on you. He's the class clown, and will drag you down to climb up to the top."

"Ok..."

"I'll try and help you if you get in trouble, but Mr Wheat doesn't allow talking."

"Won't that mean Ethan can't talk to me?"

"He's kind of right next to you... On the right. That's the seat Mr Wheat makes him sit in. He's not here yet, though."

"Oh, great." I said sarcastically.

"Just ignore him. Don't worry. I'll try my best to stop him, but..."

"I can stand up for myself."

"Ok... Mr Wheat's here. Good luck." Josh said, walking away.

"Right, class, today we are going to learn about how the musk ox is adapted to live in the Arctic. First of all, I've musk ox has..." a male voice said. Thank God he hadn't noticed me. I heard footsteps come towards me, and the sound of a chair scraping back.

"Oi, blind guy, hey." Ethan says from next to me, a little too loud for people not to hear him.

"I'm not blind." I said nervously.

"Then why are your eyes closed?" He said, laughing.

"Personal reasons..."

"Yeah, right! Why don't you just open your eyes, then?"

"I... um... I don't want to..." I said.

"Why don't you want to? Just open them!"

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't want to!"

"Just do it!"

"Boys, please stop talking. Right, the musk ox has 2 layers of fur..." Mr Wheat said in a monotone voice.

"Please, stop bothering me." I muttered.

"No chance!" Ethan said, laughing again. Oh God, this was gunna be a long lesson...

Josh's POV

Hearing Ethan's laugh, I glanced over to see Simon staring down at his desk, and Ethan laughing at him. Sighing, I waited until Mr Wheat wasn't looking, and had turned to the whiteboard, then walked over to Simon, crouching down on his left.

"Hey." I whispered, hoping Mr Wheat wouldn't hear me.

"Jesus Christ, don't scare me like that!" He whispered back.

"Sorry. You ok?" I asked.

"Not really. Can you get Ethan to fuck off?"

"Just call him gay."

"Ok..."

"It works, trust me."

"Ok. Do you think we'll have to write in this class?"

"Probably. Me and Vikk will help you."

"Oi, the blind guy's gone and got himself a boyfriend!" Ethan said, laughing hysterically.

"It's more of a relationship than you'll ever have, gayboy!" Simon fired back. He had caught onto the gay thing quickly.

"So you're not denying it?" Ethan said.