#19

Josh's POV

I walked in, and stared at the broken glass and red wine stains on the floor, and smelled the strong scent of alcohol. I looked at the mould on the walls, and glanced behind at the smashed, rusty lock. I saw the clock with one of the hands missing, and the other broken, that was hanging crookedly off the wall. I looked at the broken, dirt-smudged photo frame that lay smashed on the floor, glass strewn everywhere. I stared at the pile of empty beer cans and smashed vodka bottles that lay in heaps on the floor, surrounded by pools of alcohol. I looked at the pair of broken, dirt-smudged high heels with one heel missing that lay beside the door. My face scrunched up at the sour stench of old alcohol that coated the house. I glanced over at Simon, who looked extremely worried.

"Simon? What is this?"

"Uh..." He said, and I saw a tear escape from his eyelid. I quickly pulled him in for a hug, and let him rest his head on my shoulder. He hid his face in my shirt and cried loudly, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as I put my arms around his waist. I had absolutely no clue why his house was like this, or why he was crying, but I knew I had to look after him. We stayed like that for a few more minutes in silence.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Um... not really." He whispered.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Not really."

"Ok, what do you..." I started, but was interrupted by a blonde woman stumbling into the room and almost tripping over her own feet.

Was that Simon's mum?