#48

(8K reads, OML people actually read my shit. Yay! ALSO, I know this chapter has been published really late, and is pretty rushed, but I needed to get it done and I didn't have much time during the day. In England it's still the 8th. That's my excuse.)

Officer Lerone's POV

I sat back slightly as Simon started his story...

"Long story short, my dad left when I was 13, and my mum went... bad. She started drinking and..." Simon let out a shaky breath and reached out, presumably for Josh's hand. Josh took it and squeezed it tightly.

"It's ok. I'm here." Josh said comfortingly. They made such a great couple. Adorable! Simon sighed shakily and faced down.

"Don't worry, Simon. Take your time. It's fine." I said, trying to make him feel more secure. He nodded and sat for a few seconds, then faced me again.

"When she got home early in the morning, she... she collapsed outside. I took her inside and let her sleep. When she woke up, she... she..." He suddenly completely broke down in tears, collapsing into his arms. Josh quickly ran over and knelt beside him, wrapping his arms awkwardly around him. After a few awkward seconds, Josh decided to stand up and pick Simon up, sitting back on the chair and pulling Simon onto his lap. Simon buried his face into Josh's shirt as Josh rocked him slowly, shushing him gently. I looked away awkwardly. After a few minutes, Josh stopped and rubbed Simon's back calmingly. (A/N Yes, there are a lot of adverbs in this paragraph. Fight me.)

"You ok now?" Josh asked gently. Simon shook his head, clinging onto his shirt.

"You want me to stay here?" Josh asked. Simon nodded vigourously, tucking his head into Josh's chest even more.

"Simon, bab... um... man." I CALLED IT! THEY'RE A COUPLE! Their mum is giving them a funny look though...  "You need to sit up and talk to Officer Lerone." He continued. Simon shook his head and moved closer to Josh, if that was even possible. "Um, Officer Lerone, we might need a minute." He said, starring sadly at me. I nodded and stood up, his mother following. We  quickly left the room, leaving Josh and Simon alone inside.