#58

(Thank you guys for 15K reads 😄)

Josh's POV

I pulled Simon onto my lap, stroking his hair.

"Please, eat." I pleaded. Simon shook his head again, refusing. I sighed, knowing that my efforts were in vain. I know that makes me sound like a bad boyfriend, but when Simon doesn't want to do something, he won't. If he wasn't so cute, I'd be calling him a stubborn cow. But, y'know, he is adorable. I looked at my phone to check the time. "We've only got half and hour until that woman picks you up." I said. Simon looked terrified, and the tears began flowing as he buried his head into my shoulder and began crying, quietly at first but quickly developing into uncontrollable sobs. I hugged him tighter, rocking him slightly. I blinked back tears of my own as we rocked. After a few minutes, Simon calmed down slightly and sniffed, sitting up.

"I don't wanna leave you." He said weakly.

"I know, I know baby. I don't want you to go. But you have to. We don't have a choice." I said, my voice cracking as more tears fell down my cheeks. Simon wiped them away with his thumb, sniffing sadly.

"W-we better get ready." Simon said before getting off me and taking my hand. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him, kissing him softly. He kissed back, and we both pulled away after a few seconds. I wrapped my arm around his waist and he wrapped his arm around mine, leaning his head on my shoulder. We walked up to the bathroom and I washed the tear stains from my cheeks, Simon doing the same. Fresh tears fell as I faced Simon and did his hair like we do every morning. I did my own hair quickly, then looked at Simon who was wearing a black Adidas t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I was wearing a plain white t-shirt and grey jogging bottoms.

"How long do we have?" Simon asked quietly. I checked the time.

"Less than 5 minutes." I said, my voice cracking. Simon suddenly buried his head into his hands, hysterically sobbing.

"I-I d-don't wanna l-leave you!" He shouted in between sobs, running into my arms. I held him close, rubbing his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"I-I don't wanna leave you either. B-but we have no choice."

(A/N Yes, I am being that dick that drags the sad part of the story out. But, y'know, it's kinda fun being a dick. 😈)