#37

(A/N DOUBLE UPDATE FOR THE BOYS FOR THE BOYS! Yeah, I had nothing better to do. I have no life 😭.)

Josh's POV

I had just stumbled into class after running all the way to school from my bus stop before I felt my phone vibrate. After checking nobody was watching, I slipped it out of my pocket and turned it on.

1 missed call from: Bæ 💖

It read. How the heck did Simon call me? I put my phone back in my pocket and raised my hand.

"Yes, Joshua?" My maths teacher, Mrs Myatt, said curtly.

"Please may I go to the toilet?" I asked, feeling my face redden.

"After being 40 minutes late to lesson? I think not!" She said, turning away from me. Oh, come on!

"Please miss, I'm desperate!" I said, hearing my classmate's laughter. She turned back to me and frowned.

"Oh, very well. Be quick!" She said, handing me a pupil pass from her desk. I took it and stood up, running to the toilets, not forgetting to grab my bag. Once I was there, I locked myself in a cubicle and pulled out my phone, calling Simon. It took him a few minutes to answer, he was obviously struggling to find the answer button.

(J=Josh, S=Simon)

J: Si?

S: Oh, thank god.

J: What's wrong?

S: I ran away.

J: What?!?!

S: I ran away. I couldn't stand my guide.

J: Ok... Where are you?

S: I don't really know.

J: How did you even get out of the building anyway?

S: I'm not sure myself.

J: How did you work the phone, either?

S: A lot of button-mashing.

J: Right... umm... I'll come and find you. Stay where you are.

S: Ok, Joshy. Please be quick!

J: I'll try my best.

S: Thanks.

J: No problem. Bye then.

S: Bye!

I hung up, sighing. Thank God I have an app that I can use to track Simon's phone! That's not creepy, right? Right? I opened the app and saw he was half an hour on foot away, in a forest? What? I turned my phone off and shoved it into my pocket, opening the cubicle door and walking out of the bathrooms. I headed towards an area in the fence I knew I could climb over. Time to go Simon-hunting.