1 || Pinkan

1 || Pinkan

"Do you serve this in the color pink?"

"What?"

"I said, does this item come in pink?"

"Miss, it's a hamburger," the male cashier looked at me like I was insane.

Maybe I was.

"Come on you're holding up the line!" Someone shouted behind me. Everyone else voiced their agreement.

"Patience is a virtue!" I yelled back to them. Ivy grabbed my arm.

"We're so sorry," she spoke, her cheeks flushed red. "We haven't decided yet." She pulls me from the line.

"Hey!" I protest. She drags me outside. The sun is blazing and I lower the pink shades holding my hair from my face back down onto my eyes.

"Really Aubrey? Hamburgers in pink?"

"I've decided to go pinkan."

"What the hell is pinkan?"

"You know, like vegan but pinkan. I only eat foods that are pink now."

Ivy runs her hands down her face like she's at a loss for words. I check my phone.

"It's already past lunch. Are we eating or just going straight to the carnival?"

"Let's just go," she sighs and links arms with me. "You're lucky I love you."

"Right back at ya."

We meet up with Ryan, Trevor, Chanel, and Nikole at the ring toss.

I guess you can call this my little clique. Circle of friends. Whatever you wanna name it. We've all known each other since grade school except Nikole who we met freshman year.

Chanel has beautiful milk chocolate skin and very kinky curly hair which she almost always wears in a bun. Her eyes are big, brown, and doe like. Nikole has midnight colored hair, lightly toasted skin, and stormy grey eyes. I have Starbucks carmel frappachino skin, brown eyes, and pink hair. Ivy is the palest of us all which is just weird since we live in Santa Cruz. Her hair is dirty blonde and her eyes border on black, like obsidian.

"This ones for you baby," Ryan puffs out his chest confidently and aims at the bottles. We all watch amused.

"Here goes!" He tosses the rings in quick succession and each one meets it's target. At the end he picks out the humongous stuffed panda and hands it to Nikole. They share a disgustingly sweet kiss.

"I'd puke if I had any food in me to puke up," Ivy shoots me a look.

"Wait, you two didn't eat lunch?" Chanel asks.

"No because Aubrey here decided to go pinkan."

"The fuck is that?" Trevor had a nasty habit of swearing a lot even though I chastised him millions of times.