30 || The new girl

30 || The new girl

It was great to be back at school.

Not. 

"Oh how I missed these hallowed halls!" Trevor spread his arms wide as we walked down the hallways.

"I bet they missed you too," I snicker.

"My one true love," he kisses a locker. "I've come back to you!"

"Stop being an idiot," Ivy yanks him back by his shirt. "Honestly I don't know how Chanel deals with you."

Chanel giggles.

I smile at my friends then glance at Carter. He's currently tapping away on his phone. When he looks up he catches me staring and winks.

I turn away blushing.

After a deep psycho analyzation with the girls of his confusing words to me: If you hadn't been drunk I probably wouldn't have pushed you away, the girls have come to the conclusion that he likes me.

I kindaaaaaa believe it.

Just a lil bit.

Suddenly I hear a squeal behind me followed by Carters unmistakeable voice cursing. "Shit. You okay?"

We all stop and turn around. There's a girl scrambling to pick up her books and papers.

"Geez man you really shouldn't text and walk," Ryan says.

"I'll help," Ivy always the nice one bends down to help the girl.

I cross my arms. "Wow Carter you really have a knack for running into girls. First me now her."

The girl stands up and Ivy hands her her things.

"Thanks," she smiles. She has copper colored hair and bright baby blue eyes.

"No problem," Ivy steps back.

"Sorry," Carter apologizes. "Wasn't watching where I was going."

She stares at him before quickly shaking her head. "It's ok," she finally says.

Everyone turns to continue walking and Carter falls into step beside me.

"You should really watch where you're going," I say.

"If I had you would've never met me and what a shame that would've been," he grins. "Count your blessings."

Ugh. I peer over my shoulder. That girl is still standing there staring after us.

😍😍😍

"Class I want you to meet Vanessa Lorenti," Ms. Faye introduces the girl from earlier. "She'll be joining us this semester. Why don't you have a seat next to Aubrey."

She walks over to me and smiles. "Hi," she says.

"Hey," Vanessa pulls out the chair and sits. I go back to reviewing my notes. Ms. Faye loves to give us pop quizzes after every break to see if we still remembered what we last learned. As if.