47 || Ten things I hate about you

Prom fever has swept through our school like wildfire.

"Guess who's head of the prom committee?" Ivy asks setting her lunch tray down.

"You," everyone responds.

She grins.

"Did you sign us all up without our permission again?" Trevor asks pointedly.

"Keep up that attitude and I just might," she says. "But no I didn't."

There's a collective sigh of relief.

Now that Carter is no longer moving I can focus all my attention on prom. I didn't even think I'd be going but now that I am I feel the stress coming on. It's our last prom. Everything has to be perfect.

The girls and I look at each other. We're all wondering the same thing.

How are the guys going to ask us?

Chanel is obsessed with promposals. She's been looking at all types of different ones for days now. I'm not sure I want something super extravagant, but I do want it to be nice.

"So what's the theme?" I ask.

"A starry night," she responds. "We're going full force on this one."

"I don't doubt it," Ryan says and she throws a pineapple piece at him.

Carter leans over to whisper in my ear. "Come over after school?"

"Yeah sure."

I squeeze his hand. It's become a habit now, to reassure me that he's here and not going anywhere.

💕💕💕

After school Carter and I head over to his house. When we get there he turns off the engine to his motorcycle and turns to face me.

"Could you wait out here for a minute?"

I raise my brows. "Why?"

"You ask too many questions. Just wait."

"Alright," I agree and watch as he jogs inside his house.

Am I missing something?

Now that my curiosity is piqued I wait impatiently for him to return. I want to know what's going on.

Suddenly there's a loud screech like speakers are being plugged in. I jump. Barbie girl comes on.

What the hell?