11 || Babysitters Club

I don't know how it happened but I somehow ended up babysitting with Carter.

Let me start from the beginning.

On Saturday morning my dad came in with a husky.

"So cute!" I squealed rubbing her ears. She barked happily and started licking me.

My mom was less than pleased.

"Why is there a dog in my house?" She crossed her arms.

"Her name is Sheila," my dad grinned proudly. "Isn't she a beauty?"

"Oh yeah, she's a real beauty. Now get her out."

"Mom!" I whined. "Look how adorbs she is. Can't we keep her?" Sheila and I looked at mom with puppy dog eyes.

"No."

Just then Jason stumbled in rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He spotted Sheila and did a double take.

"Woah. Is that a dog? Is it a he? It's a he huh? We should name him Killer, I've always wanted a dog name Killer."

I rolled my eyes. "It's a girl idiot and her name is Sheila."

Sheila yapped and wagged her tail happily.

"Ok am I invisible here?" My mom spoke. "We are not keeping the dog."

"Why not?" I pouted.

"Because I said so!"

I picked up Sheila and shoved her in moms face. "How can you say no to this? Sheila make sad puppy face!"

Sheila whimpered and gave mom her saddest look.

Mom stood firm. "Dog out. Now." Them she spun on her heel and disappeared down the hall.

"Don't worry I'll convince her," dad winked and followed after her.

Jason shrugged. "You heard mom. Get rid of the dog."

"Sheila," I corrected him. "Her name is Sheila."

"Uh no fucks given," then he plopped down on the living room couch and flipped on the tv.

I lived with such soulless people.

"Come on Sheila let's go for a walk," I clipped on the leash my dad had brought.

It was a nice day, but then again it was always a nice day, this day just felt nicer than most. We ended up at the park. Sheila started tugging on her leash.

"What is it girl?"

She kept tugging so I stopped and that's when she lifted up her legs to pee.

Oh.

As I was waiting for her to finish her buissnes two identical little girls ran up to me. Both had brown hair plaited back and hazel eyes. They looked eerily familiar.

"Your dog is so cute," one exclaimed excitedly.

"Can we pet it?" The other one asked.

"Sure." Sheila loved the attention and was lapping it up. I smiled down at the girls. They were so adorable.

"Oi! What did mum say about you two running off?"

Oh shit.

Carter strolled over with a frown on his face. I don't think he realized I was there yet.

"We just wanted to pet the cute dog!" The one in the butterfly jean skirt pouted. That was the only way I could tell them apart. The other one wore a striped dress.