14 || A camping we will go

A week later and my duffel bag was being loaded on the bus along with many others. My parents had no qualms about letting me go even though I desperately wanted them to say no. Even Britney was going. She'd told the cheer team it would be good for us to get out and relax so when we came back we'd be more focused for our performance.

"I think my mom went overboard," Nikole says. "She bought me so much camp gear that I'm probably not even gonna use."

"Yeah we're only going for the weekend," I pulled my ponytail tighter. "Do I look ok?" I had on leggings with an oversized pink flannel shirt and pink hiking boots. I'd even straightened my normally wavy hair and pulled it up into a high ponytail.

"You look hot," Chanel reassured me.

"Carter won't be able to resist you," Nikole winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Ok line up to board the bus!" Coach Reynolds yelled. Yep. Him along with Coach Brown would be supervising this trip.

Nikole went to go find Ryan so she could sit next to him. Trevor sat with Chanel, so I sat with Ivy.

"Maybe you'll get a tan," I joked as we sat down.

"Very funny," she replied dryly. I laughed but soon stopped when I heard a throat clear behind me. I looked over the seat to see Britney giving me the stink eye. Even worse Carter was sitting next to her. He had in earphones and his eyes were closed.

"Problem?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah could you maybe not talk so loud? The world doesn't want to hear your dumb conversations."

"That's why they have this great invention called earphones. So use some. Look an example next to you," I pointed at Carter.

"Or you could just shut up."

"Or you could kiss my ass," I smiled sweetly.

"Bite me," she sneered and closed her eyes leaning her head on Carter's shoulder. I turned around before I vomited at the sight.

"It's gonna be a long bus ride," Ivy sighed next to me.

🔥🔥🔥

"We're here!" Coach Brown boomed. My eyes shot open. I stretched and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"You're all going to get off the bus by seat order and grab your bags. Once everyone is off and has their stuff we'll proceed over to the campsite."

Ivy had slept through Coach Browns entire speech so I shook her awake.

"Huh?" She mumbled sleepily.

"We're here," I explained to her. "We're getting our stuff and heading over to the campsite."

"Oh," she wiped the crust from her mouth and popped a mint.

We shuffled off the bus like a herd of sheep and got our bags. Chanel, Trevor, Nikole, and Ryan came up to us.

"You know what camping means right?" Trevor grinned and Ryan grinned back.

"Pranks!" They slapped a high five.

"Ugh," Chanel rolled her eyes.

"You better not or I swear I'll get Sheila to come after you," I warned them.

They just smiled wickedly and went to catch up with Carter.

"Boys," Nikole sighed and we all nodded.

It felt like we'd been walking forever but finally, finally we reached the camp site. I dropped my duffel bag giving my poor shoulders a break.

"We're going to be setting up our tents before we go on a hike," Coach Reynolds explained.  "So get to it!"