31 || One, two, three, cheer!

My uber can not pick me up for school today.

Well...Ivy's not my uber but then again she kind of is. I pay her with my friendship!

"You're just going to have to find a ride," my mom says on her way out the door. "Your father already left for work and I have a
client I need to meet with today."

I may or may not have mentioned this but my mom is a social worker. Meaning she helps people and families with things like poverty, abuse, addiction, and mental illness.

"Like who?" I cross my arms. "Nikole can't drive because she's grounded and Chanel's parents drove her to school already!"

"I'm already running short on time as it is," she kisses my forehead. "Use that brain of yours and figure out a way to get to school." She dashes out the door. "And don't be late!"

How could Ivy get sick at a time like this?

I'd ask Jason for a ride except he already left for L.A. shortly after New Years. Trevor lives within walking distance and Ryan doesn't have a car. He uses his skateboard to get to school. And my parents took both cars!

This leaves me with only one option.

I dial Carter and wait for him to pick up. He answers on the fifth ring.

"What can I do for you love?" He purrs.

"I need a ride."

"Woah slow down! We haven't even got to second base!"

I roll my eyes. "I meant a ride to school."

"Ah you secretly like Lucille don't you?"

"Who?"

"My motorcycle."

"You named your motorcycle?"

"Is that a problem?"

"It's weird."

"You know what's weird blondie, the fact that you think naming a motorcycle is weird."

I sigh. "Can you pick me up or not."

"So demanding. Fine I'll be there in twenty. And you better be ready or Lucille and I are leaving your ass."

He hangs up and I go upstairs to get ready. As promised twenty minutes later I hear a loud engine revving. I grab my bag and keys before jogging out the door.

He hands me the helmet and I put it over my head before I get on, wrapping my arms around him. He doesn't have a jacket on which I don't understand because it's still pretty cold outside but I'm not complaining because now I can spend the ride feeling the hardness of his abs.

Carter takes off without warning and it's like when you first ride a roller coaster. Scary at first but then you get used to it. The wind whips through my hair and I lay my head against his back enjoying the ride.

When we arrive at school I'm reluctant to get off.

"You got me," I say sliding off. "I secretly love Lucile."

"She's a good one," he pats it fondly. I check my watch. Crap.

"Gotta go I have a cheer team meeting!" I rush off before he can respond.

🏍🏍🏍

"The time has come," Britney walks in front of the team. "It's NHSCC season. We proved we were good enough to get in, now we have to prove we're good enough to win."