33 || Valentines Day Pt. 2

"You guys totally had a moment!" Chanel squeals. We're at our usual table at Pinkberry before school.

"It's confirmed," Ivy nods. "He likes you."

"You think?" I ask but I'm smiling.

"Yes!" They all yell.

"The ship is sailing," Nikole sings.

I want to tell them to calm down, that nothing really happened, but it's hard not to get swept up in their hype.

"The evidence is all there," Ivy lays her palm flat on the table. "The kisses, the looks, everything."

"Ok Sherlock," I can't help but roll my eyes.

"We just have to deal with Vanessa," Chanel's smile fades.

The table quiets as we all think about her.

"I say we beat her up!" Nikole punches her fist into her palm.

"We can't solve everything with violence," Ivy says.

"It worked with Britney."

I lay a hand on her arm. "I appreciate the thought but I don't think it's come to that yet."

"Let's just keep an eye on her for now," Ivy suggests. "She hasn't really posed a big threat."

"Yet," Chanel scoops a spoonful of yogurt.

I'm tired of talking about Vanessa. She irritates my soul. "Let's switch topics. Today's the day the roses are getting delivered!"

"Ooohhh," Nikole wiggles her eyebrows. "Are you excited?"

"Yes I'm so excited I could just puke from my excited-ness!"

We stand up and throw out our trash before heading to school. The roses will be delivered during second period, which just happens to be English, the class I have with Carter and Vanessa.

It's hard to pay attention to Ms. Faye when I'm anxiously staring at the door. Finally it opens and some of student government walks in rolling a cart filled with roses. The class cheers.

"Settle down!" Ms. Faye claps.

Stacy stands in front of the classroom announcing who the roses are for but not saying who they're from. I get my roses from the girls and giggle at the stupid stuff they wrote on their cards. Im thinking that's it when Stacy calls my name again. I'm genuinely surprised.

"Aubrey Powers?"

Huh? I look up. She's holding a bouquet of red roses. My mouth falls open a bit. I stand up and walk up to her.

"Someone really likes you," she grins handing me the roses. I'm shocked.

When I get back to my table I open the card. It doesn't say who they're from, it's just addressed to me. Vanessa's nosy ass tries to read the card. I close it and glare at her.

"Can I help you?"

"Chill out," she rolls her eyes.

I always knew her dumb nice act was fake.

Carter gets his roses and I watch his face. He smiles and accepts them from Stacy then sits at his desk to read the card. He looks thoughtful. I
bet he's wondering who sent them.