8 || Bonfire Olympics

The second week of school was over. I was sleeping in, because I deserved to after all the stress I've been through. And it was only week two.

My room door flew open. I pulled the covers over my head.

"Go away," I threw a pillow at the intruder.

"Have you checked your twitter?" Ivy flopped down on my bed.

"No."

"Well check it!"

"How about not," I ignored her and snuggled deeper into my comforter.

I heard her get up and sit at my desk, booting up my laptop. Groaning I sat up in bed.

"This better be important. It's Saturday in case you've forgotten."

"Trust me this is. Come look."

I shuffled out of bed and slipped on my furry bunny slippers. Ivy had my twitter account pulled up and I peered at the screen from over her shoulder.

Britney Matthews
Bonfire party!
When: tonight at 7
Where: at the beach
Attire: sexy swimwear
Bring drinks if you can!

I roll my eyes. "You woke me up to tell me Britney is having a bonfire party? Well good for her!"

"We're going."

I laughed. Ivy's face was serious. I stopped laughing.

"You're kidding right? We hate Britney. Emphasis on the hate."

"But it's a party. The first one of the school year. We have to go."

I folded my arms. "And what do Chanel and Nikole think of this?"

"We already discussed it. They want to go too."

I was appalled. They had conspired behind my back!

"I refuse to go." I gave her my most defiant look.

🔥🔥🔥

"I can't believe I'm going!" I whined for the hundredth time.

"It'll be fun," Chanel chirped from the drivers seat. She maneuvered the car into a parking space and we all got out.

"There's Ryan!" Nikole ran into her boyfriends arms.

"Is my swimsuit tied tight?" I asked Ivy. The last thing I needed was to flash everyone.

She reties the neck until it feels like I'm choking but honestly I'd rather die of asphyxiation than embarrassment.

Ivy drags me down to the beach where a huge bonfire is going. Ryan carries Nikole on his back and Trevor and Chanel loiter behind causing me to crane my neck back like a nosy bitch. Unfortunately my attention is pulled forward by Britney's loud screeching.

"Welcome to my back to school bonfire!" She announces through a megaphone and there's insane cheering. I roll my eyes. "Please enjoy yourselves and mingle, in about fifteen minutes we'll start the games!"

"What is this, the Olympics?" I mutter.

"Stop being a sour bitch," Ivy smacks my arm.