34 || Valentines Day Pt. 3

"I'm not going to the dance." I know my voice is muffled because I say this with my face in my pillow.

"I can't believe her!" I hear Nikole punch her first in the palm of her hand. "I knew we should've beat her up!"

The bed dips from someone's weight. "Aubrey will you come out from underneath your blankets?" Ivy asks.

"No," I wrap them tighter around me.

"It's ok," Chanel sits on the other side of me and pats my blanket. "Carter is only going with her out of pity. He really likes you."

"I don't care. I'm giving up on him."

"You can't give up!" Chanel exclaims.

"Watch me."

"Aubrey you have to go. You already bought a ticket," Ivy tries to reason with me. But I'm not budging on my decision.

"Give my ticket to someone else then. Throw it away, tear it up, I don't care."

"Aubrey!" Now Nikole jumps on the bed. "If you don't go then I won't go!"

"Neither will I!" Chanel chimes in.

"Nor I," Ivy adds. "None of us will go if you don't go."

"Don't do that," I say. "You have to go. Chanel and Nikole, you have dates. You can't just ditch them."

"Sorry girl but chicks before dicks," Nikole says matter of factly.

"And I don't have a date," Ivy says. "So I'd be going stag anyway. Hey I have an idea. How about we both be each other's dates?"

"All four of us should go together!" Chanel says excitedly.

"Screw guys!" Nikole cheers.

"No, no, no," I repeat. "I don't want to drag you guys down with me."

Ivy sighs. "Aubrey we want to do this for you. You always do so much for us. Now it's our turn to do something for you."

"You helped me get with Trevor," Chanel says.

I hear Nikole shuffling around. "You tried out for cheerleading with me even though you hate Britney."

"You set me up on a date with that hot rich guy," Ivy finishes. "And now we're all gonna be your date to the dance."

I finally peek out from under my comforter. "Really?"

"YES!"

They're all looking at me hopefully. I sigh.

"Fine. I'll go to the stupid dance."

They all cheer and jump up and down.

Ugh.

💘💘💘

Before I know it Saturday arrives. The dance committee meets at school to set up. Surprisingly I act normal around Carter. I thought I would be a mess or something but nope, I still act the way I normally would around him. And he doesn't seem any different either.

Vanessa hangs around him a lot and I can't stand her so whenever she's around I find something to busy myself with. I wonder if she knows how obvious she is with her flirting. And I wonder if Carter notices.

"That's crooked," I point to the heart Carter hung up.

He adjusts it and I shake my head. "Still crooked."