32 || Valentines Day Pt. 1

"Guess what?!" Ivy's runs up to us excitedly.

"There's a sale at Victoria's Secret?" I jump up.

"No."

Aw. I sit back down on the bench. Chanel, Nikole, and I are just chilling in the quad before school, mostly taking about our first elimination round.

"What?" Chanel asks.

"I signed us up for the Valentines Dance Committee!"

The pink lemonade I was sipping from my cup comes spewing out.

"What!" Nikole exclaims. "How could you? Between cheer, school, and now this we'll be swamped."

"I still haven't recovered from practice yet," Chanel rubs her sore backside.

Ivy is too excited to care about any of our complaints. "It'll be so fun! Of course I'm the head of the committee," she flips her hair. "And I sighed the boys up as well."

"Wait till Trevor hears about that," Chanel mutters.

Not a minute later we hear a loud, "IVY ROSE MILLER!"

Trevor comes storming down the schools front steps followed by Ryan and Carter.

"You signed us up for the Valentines dance committee!" He comes to a stop in front of her, his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

"Aren't you excited?" She grins up at him. "This is going to be the best dance ever!"

"No I am not excited!" He yells. "I don't want to plan a stupid dance!"

Chanel glares at him. He rolls his eyes.

"Not stupid, whatever."

Carter is frowning. "We have basketball you know."

"And lives," Ryan adds.

"See how unhappy you've made everyone!" I point an accusing finger Ivy.

She just waves us off. "Don't be late for the first meeting. It's a lunch today so get your food and come over to the student government room." Then she skips off.

"She just completely ignored everything we said!" Nikole says appalled, her mouth open.

I sigh. Once Ivy gets an idea in her head there's no stopping her. She's as stubborn as a mule.

This should be fun.

❣️❣️❣️

"Welcome to our first committee meeting!" Ivy announces once everyone is gathered. Students are sprawled across various pieces of furniture. There's chairs, couches, and beanbags.

"We'll begin with our first order of business, a the-"

"Am I too late?" The door bursts open.

Great.

Vanessa.

Nikole, Chanel, Ivy and I all share a look.

Ivy, always the mature one, keeps it professional. "Of course not. Have a seat. In the future though try to be on time."

"Sorry," she sits in the beanbag chair on the other side of Carter.

"Hi," she smiles.

"Hey," he nods. I frown.

Hello, I'm right here too.