12 || Dance Dance Revolution

"DDR Party, my place!" Britney handed out flyers to a group of sophomores.

"She's always having a party," I roll my eyes. Britney stopped in front of us.

"DDR Party, my place. Cheer team required to attend, in uniform," she informed us.

"Why?" Chanel asked.

"To raise money for the cheer squad, duh. The school really doesn't fund us much so we have to find ways to get our own money. Entry is five dollars unless you're part of the squad. Sorry Ivy," she gives Ivy a saccharine smile.

"I can afford to pay five dollars," Ivy replies dryly.

"Whatever," Britney flips her hair and saunters off.

"Forget her, tell us about babysitting with Carter," Nikole turns to me and suddenly all eyes are on moi.

"It was ok," I shrug.

"You do not get to get away with that!" Chanel jabs a finger to my chest. "Spill!"

"It really wasn't that big of a deal," I repeat. "He was brooding in his room most of the time and when he came out we played with the twins."

"That's it?" Ivy narrows her eyes.

"Pretty much. Except..." I trail off. Nikole pounces on me.

"Except what?!"

"Carter has a tongue piercing."

"OMG hotness overload!" Chanel fans herself.

"Since when?" Ivy scrunches her face.

"Apparently he's always had it but he wasn't wearing it before."

"I wonder what it would be like to kiss him with it?" Nikole wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I act nonchalant about the whole thing but inside all I can think about are his soft, full, pink lips. And that piercing.

We gossip some more and I explain about Carter being expelled from his old school. We all come up with theories on why.

Ivy thinks he got into lots of fights.

Chanel thought maybe he was a drug lord. Like El Chapo or something. The British version.

Nikole thinks it's because he probably slept with the entire female population and they all petitioned to get him kicked out after he broke their hearts.

I thought maybe he was caught vandalizing. But with Carter it could be anything.

Sadly the bell rang for class so we couldn't discuss our theories any further.

In chemistry we started our first lab. Surprise surprise I was partnered with none other than the King himself.

"Today we're going to be doing a chemical reactions lab. The point is to see different types of chemical reactions including synthesis, decomposition, single replacement and double replacement. The materials are all at your lab stations including the instructions and safety goggles. Please put on the goggles and wash your hands before proceeding."

"If it isn't my darling wife," Carter grins.

"If it isn't my sadist husband," I snap on the oversized goggles and blink. "Where's the Bunsen burner?"

He slides it towards me. "Are you going to the DDR party?"

"Yes. I'm a pro at DDR," I brag.

"You're just good at everything aren't you?"