16 || Awareness Month

Thoughts on new cover?

Most of you will be very pleased with this chap;)

"Come one, come all! Kiss a cheerleader! Five dollars for five minutes!" Britney waves a pom pom with one hand and yells into the megaphone with the other.

"I feel like we're being sold off to the highest bidder," Ivy grumbles. "Why do I have to do this?"

"You didn't think you were coming with us to Disney Resort by being a benchwarmer did you?" Nikole says.

"If we even make it that far," I add in keeping it real.

"Don't say that," Chanel smacks me. "We'll make it to finals."

I had to hand it to Britney, the girl was smart. Who knew so many people would be willing to pay five dollars to kiss a cheerleader? We'd already made three buckets of cash! I guess our outfits added to that as well. Britney had us wearing tiny pink shorts that left little to the imagination, pink crop tops with the breast cancer logo, and pink bandanas. I felt like a cheap prostitute. Britney called it using our assets to our advantage to get what we wanted.

I kept my kisses short and sweet, absolutely no tongue, to the disappointment of many. Just a quick peck. For the rest of the four minutes we'd just sit in the dark booth silently. Some tried to make a move but I made it pretty clear I would kill anyone that tried anything.

Needless to say Ryan wasn't too happy about his girlfriend selling herself off. In fact no one had even paid to kiss her because anyone that tried to received a deadly look from him and that was enough to scare them off. To make up for it he paid for her time. So while Nikole got to make out with her boyfriend we were stuck kissing random strangers.

"Next!" I called out. To my horror Jason Dunce came up to me grinning crookedly.

"J-Jason?" I stuttered.

"Hey Aubrey," he said in his scratchy voice leering at me. His eyes roamed over my entire body pausing at my chest, stomach, and legs. I visibly shivered.

"Five dollars right?" He pulled out money from his wallet. I looked at Ivy who was looking at me with wide eyes.

Help me! I mouthed.

The last person I wanted to be stuck in a dark booth with was Jason Dunce. He was so creepy! I swear he was a sexual predator in another life.

I was scrambling to try and get out of this when I heard a throat clear. I looked up.

"Carter!" I may have said that too excitedly.

He slapped a ten in my outstretched palm.

"You can't do that!" Jason glared at him.

"Sure I can," he looked at him cooly. "I'm paying ten, you're paying five. I get to go first."

Jason angrily fished out a ten. "There. Now I'm paying fifteen." My heart sank.

Then Carter pulled out a twenty.

"Thirty," he said challenging Jason with his stare.

Jason searched his wallet but he had no more money left. He had been out bided.

"Sorry Jason, but I heard Emery's available," I quickly dropped all the money into a bucket and dragged Carter off. Once we were inside the booth I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," I said gratefully.

"Yeah, yeah you're welcome. I know I am an incredibly kind person."

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see.

"So my kiss?"

"I am not spending thirty minutes in here with you."

"I don't expect you to spend thirty minutes in here with me, but I did just blow through thirty dollars to save your hide."

I sigh again. He's right. Besides I'd kiss Carter a million times before I ever kissed Jason Dunce.

"Ok just sit down in the chair," I instruct him. I hear him sit and I make my way toward him in the dark, my heart thumping like a drum.

Slowly I lower myself onto his lap. "Are your eyes closed?"

"What does it matter, it's not like I can see you."

"Just close them."

"Fine bossy." I touch his eyes just to make sure their closed.

I lean in and brush my lips against his. I start to pull away to try and calm my racing heart, I don't know why I'm so damn nervous, but he catches my lips before I can escape.

It's not shocking like our first kiss but slow and sensual. I grab onto his shoulders to steady myself. He bites my bottom lip and gently tugs it before soothing it with the cool metal of his tongue piercing. I moan and grind my hips against him.

"Stop," I gasp pulling back. I feel like my heart is about to pop out of my chest. I've kissed him before, why is this different?

Thank God it's dark so he can't see my red face.

I expect some snarky remark from Carter but he's surprisingly quiet.

"Can you-" he doesn't finish his sentence before I slide off his lap. Then sunlight streams in and he's gone.

What the hell?

I step out squinting at the bright light. Ivy and the girls rush up to me.

"We saw the whole thing!" Nikole squeals.

"He got into a bidding war over you!" Chanel says. "That's so sweet!"

"What happened in there?" Ivy stares at me concerned. I touch my lips.

"I don't know."

💋💋💋

On Saturday my dad and I went to support my mom at her 5k run for breast cancer. We wore lots of pink.

"You got this mom," I patted her shoulder. "Go out there and win!"

"It's not about winning Aubrey," she laughed.

"How can you win with an attitude like that!"

Dad waved the pink banner we made for mom. Both of us were outfitted in pink camo t-shirts, pink shorts, and the breast cancer logo painted on our faces.

The horn blared and the runners took off. Mom did this thing called pacing herself, which I had no idea what that was so I asked her. Basically she started off slow and picked up speed. Apparently that's what some runners in the Olympics did.

Since these races were usually long I brought a folding chair to sit down. Then I started thinking. Which is never a good thing.

There is a fine line between love and hate and I think I'm starting to overstep my boundaries.

It was easy to make myself hate Carter when I only looked at the bad things he did. But when he did things like spend thirty dollars so I didn't have to kiss Jason Dunce or be understanding when I was terrified of zip lining it made it really hard to hate him.

Add that to the physical attraction and we have a recipe for disaster.

Did you like this chapter? Then vote!

No QOTD today, sorry!

Stay pink🎀