Epilogue

I'm so cozy and warm wrapped up in my blankets, knowing that I don't have any more classes until next semester and I have the whole summer ahead of me. Freshman year of college was...interesting to say the least but I made it. Barely, but I did.

I survived.

I sigh contentedly and feel fingers trailing up and down my back.

"I know your awake," Carter says. Can I just say his morning voice combined with his accent is incredibly sexy.

"Mhmm yeah but I'm choosing to ignore you," I reply.

"Why are you so tired hmm?" He asks teasingly.

"Because you wear me out that's why."

It's getting increasingly harder to ignore him, especially when he starts kissing up my shoulder. My mouth twitches.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my phone pings with a message and I pull away from Carter to reach over and get it.

Rissa😛: you still at the dorms? I'm coming back to get some stuff before I leave

Shit.

"Carter you have to go," I announce panicked.

He doesn't budge. Instead he seems to relax even more, placing his forearm across his head and looking up at me lazily. "You know, I feel really insulted that you want to kick me out like some one night stand."

I huff. Of course I would love to stay in bed with Carter and I thought I'd be able to since Clarissa left for the summer. Except apparently she hadn't and we made a pack at the beginning of the year to never have guys stay the night because it would be disrespectful and a distraction. We'd both broken the rule but neither of us had actually caught each other and I'd like to keep it that way and not be the first one to get caught since we're still gonna be roomies again next year.

I shove him but he doesn't budge. "Carter," I whine.

"Aubrey," he mimics me. I'm torn between laughing and smacking him.

I glare at him. "I hate you."

He smirks. "That's not what you were saying last night when-"

I shove a pillow over his face effectively cutting off his sentence. While he tosses it off I scramble to find my shirt. It's crumpled on the floor and I grab it, yanking it on.

"That's the shirt I've been looking for since last month!" Carter exclaims sitting up. I smile sheepishly and shrug.

"Guess I forgot to return it."

That was a lie. I totally kept it on purpose.

He gives me a look and reaches for his boxers. "Doubtful."

Just as he puts them on I hear the doorknob turn and this time I curse out loud. There's no time to hide Carter so I shove him under the covers and pull them up to my chest.

"Be quiet," I hiss as the door opens and Clarissa steps in.

"You're still not out of bed?" she asks raising a brow. "It's nearly one. Don't you still have to pack for that trip you're going on?"