29 || New Year, New me?

Once Christmas is over New Year's approaches like a speeding bullet. Before I know it it's New Years Eve. Which means...

"SLEEPOVER!" Chanel screams.

Every year Ivy's parents have a barbecue and invites all her friends. Barbecue starts at six and ends at midnight. Not to mention Ivy's house has a great view of the fireworks. So every year we have our annual New Year sleepover.

The girls and I arrive at her house early because we always help set up. Ivy opens the door.

"Sup bitchtachos," she greets us. "Mi casa su casa!"

I snap a party hat on her head. "For you."

We dump our sleeping bags and overnight stuff  on her floor before heading out to the backyard where Mr. Miller is hanging up streamers.

"Hey girls," he gets down from the ladder. "Just in time. I need you to blow up some balloons."

"No problem," Nikole walks over to picnic bench and picks up the pack of balloons.

"Thanks," he heads back inside.

"I hate blowing up balloons," Chanel frowns.

I laugh. "That's because you don't know how."

She flips me off.

"It's really not that hard," Ivy says. "Watch," she blows up a perfectly round balloon.

Chanel tries and just ends up wheezing into it. We all double over laughing.

"It's not funny," she throws the unblown balloon at us. It hits Nikole in the face.

"Ew your spit is on it!" She quickly flicks it off.

So Ivy, Nikole, and I blow up balloons while Chanel hangs out on her phone. Sometime later Ivy's mom comes out.

"Great you've got all the balloons blown up," she checks something off a clipboard. "We'll need to hang them up. I'll go get Mike. Thanks girls."

We leave the rest to Ivy's parents and head up to her room to get ready. I put on a high waisted mini skirt with pink fishnets and a turtleneck crop sweater. For shoes I wear my knee high pink boots and use the PINK headband Carter got me for Christmas to push my hair back.

"You look cute!" Nikole compliments me.

"Thanks," I run a brush through my hair.

"So what are some of your New Years resolutions?" Chanel asks swiping on some lip gloss.

"Have a fling," Ivy says. We all turn to her shocked.

"What?" She asks defensively. "I'm open to trying new things."

"But it's so....," I try to come up with a word. "Bold."

"-of you," Nikole finishes.

"Look I know you think I'm Mrs. Uptight but I can have fun. I'm not looking for anything serious but a fling could be fun you know? As long as it's the right guy."