5 || Pink freak

5 || Pink freak

Summer. Oh how fast it passes you by. One minute you're cheering when the bell on the last day of school rings. The next you're groaning when your alarm clock goes off.

"Aubrey time to get up!" My mom pounds on my door. "It's your first day of senior year!"

"Don't remind me," I stuff my face in a pillow.

Why do parents feel the need to announce your first day of senior year? Like yes, I know it's the last year before you shove me off a cliff thank you very much.

Ivy and I have been carpooling since she got her license because unlike my mom, hers trust her to drive the family vehicle. Ivy likes to rise with the sun so she'll no doubt be here soon. I tumble out of bed and drag myself across the carpet to my bathroom. The steaming water massages my sore muscles and I lather up with my favorite strawberry body wash using my pink loofah. I'm tempted to stay under the spray forever until I hear my mom banging on the door.

"Ivy is here."

"WHAT!" She's extremely early which is ridiculous. School doesn't start for another hour. I am going to kill her.

I hurriedly dry off and pull on the first clothes I can get my hands on, which happen to be pink leggings and a pink no sleeve turtleneck crop top. I  slip on some flats, yank a brush through my wet hair, and grab my bag before dashing out.

"Bye mom love you!" I kiss her cheek.

"Won't you at least grab a granola bar sweetie?"

"I told you I've gone pinkan mom. Accept it!"

Ivy honks her horn and I flex my hands ready to strangle her.

"School doesn't start for another hour!" I yell jerking the door open.

"We're meeting the girls at Pinkberry."

Immediately my anger disappears. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you Ivy?" She rolls her eyes at me and drives off.

Chanel and Nikole are sitting in our reserved booth with our usual orders, a Piña Colada for Chanel, Passion fruit for Ivy, Key Lime for Nikole and a Pink Bubbly for me.

"Your hair," Nikole gasps as I slide in next to her.

"I didn't have enough time to style it," I scoop up a spoonful of frozen yogurt.

"Here let me. I'll just give you two Dutch braids." She begins to work on my hair.

"Will you please tell us what happened the night of the carnival?" Ivy begs Chanel.