2 || Life is good when everything is pink

"We need boyfriends," Ivy says on the lounge next to me.

"What I need is some pink lemonade."

The beach is packed today, and it was a struggle to even find a clear spot to set up our chairs, blankets, and umbrella.

"I'm serious. We're seniors but we've never even kissed a guy before."

"Relax Ivy. All in due time."

"Something has to change this year," she continues on passionately. I roll my eyes from beneath my sunglasses.

It's not that I'm so opposed to the idea. In perspective, a boyfriend did sound nice.

But the drama that comes with it? Not so much.

Take Ryan and Nikole for example. They were cute and all, but I'd seen them get into a fight before and it wasn't pretty. Nikole ate two entire tubs of ice cream while watching Titanic and cried the whole time. I mean, she started sobbing as soon as the title came on. Jack hadn't even died yet.

I hadn't even been paying attention to Ivy who was still ranting.

"Ivy," I interrupted her. "Chill. Life is good when everything is pink."

"But everything isn't?" She scrunched her face up.

"It will be," I say and she gives me a worried look. I think one day she's afraid I'll take over the world and turn it pink.

I won't.

At least not yet.

"Look, there's the girls. Over here!" She yelled and waved her arms. They made their way over to us.

"Ladies," Nikole greets us setting her stuff down. "How's the diet going Aubrey?"

"So far so good. Did you know there's such a thing as pink spaghetti?"

"Um no...I didn't."

"Well there is and it's delicious."

Ivy smacks her forehead.

"Changing topics," Chanel sits on the edge of my chair. "Who likes road trips?"

"You mean spending copious amounts of time in a small cramped vehicle?" I question.

"Exactly."

"I went on a road trip with my family. It was a nightmare." Nikole shivers at the memory.

"Well my dad bought and old RV. I was thinking maybe the guys and us could go on a road trip. You know, before school starts."

"It sounds like an adventure," I say at the same time Ivy says "It sounds like a bad idea."

"I mean, we can't just pack our stuff and drive off. Where's the planning? The preparation?"

"I think her OCD is kicking in again," Nikole whispers in my ear. I stifle a laugh.