15 || The Game

15 || The Game

As much as camping was NOT fun, I'm still a little sad to be back home. However I did miss my pink lounge. My warm bed and even warmer shower.

"I missed you pink!" I flop on my bed and hug my pink stuffed bunny.

"Aubrey!" My mom calls. "Someone's at the door for you!"

I traipse downstairs and open the front door. My mouth drops open.

"Britney?!"

"Get in your practice gear and meet me at the school gym. The game is in two days and fun time is over."

"But-"

"As in like today Aubrey."

Britney Matthews strikes again.

The squad is already stretching when we arrive and Ivy is there being our dedicated bench warmer.

"Why is she here?" Britney asks hands on hips.

"She's an unofficial member of the squad," Nikole replies daring Britney to challenge her.

"Whatever. Formation ladies!"

The routine is pretty simple, some dance moves here, some flips there, some stunts, and then we pose and voila! Finished.

"Again!" Britney yells. "Until it's perfect!"

I'm starting to wonder why Britney's so psycho over this one performance. As it turns out my question is answered at the end of practice.

"As you know I've been a little more intense than usual during practices," Britney starts.

"Try insane," I mutter and she glares at me.

"Anyway the reason for that is because this year is the first year our school may be eligible to enter The National High School Cheerleading Championship."

The girls cheer loudly and my mouth falls open in shock.

"The National High School Cheerleading Championship is the most prestigious cheerleading championship in the country. It's held at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, and nationally televised on ESPN and ESPN2 to over 100 million homes and 32 countries nationwide each year."

My brain is frantically trying to absorb this information. When did my life turn into a Bring it on movie?

"Judges from the NHSCC will be at our game. So we have to be at our best. If we impress them we'll be eligible to compete!"

"Hold up!" I stand. "I did not sign up for this!"

"So you're telling me you don't want an all expenses free paid trip to Walt Disney World Resort?" Britney says smugly.  

Damn she got me.

"Come on Aub it's our senior year!" Chanel pleads with me. "Let's go out with a bang!"

"Disney. World. Resort," Nikole enunciates.

"Does Ivy get to come?" I cross my arms. Britney huffs.

"She can be our mascot."

"Then I'm in!"

"YAY!" The girls cheer and we jump up hugging each other.

🏀🏀🏀

So the NHSCC isn't until the spring time but we have to impress the judges tonight or else we're out. Britney is in full bitch mode.

"Fix your posture," she barks at Meghan in the locker room. "Bows straight, makeup flawless, uniforms pressed!"

"I'm almost done," Ivy says concentrating on my face. She applies one last coating of pink glitter to my eyes.