28 || Christmas

28 || Christmas

Ever since I was a little girl I always was the first to wake up on Christmas Day. In my family we weren't allowed to open gifts until everyone was up so I would jump on my parents bed until they woke up.

Now that I'm older? Well they have to jump on my bed to get me up.

"Aubrey," my mother gentle shakes me. "It's Christmas sweetie."

I roll over and mumble something incoherent.

"I made Christmas waffles."

Immediately I shot up. Christmas waffles were my favorite. My mom made Christmas tree shaped waffles infused with red and green m&m's. Drizzled with syrup, powdered sugar, and caramel, can you say yummy?

I brush my teeth and skip downstairs. Jason is already at the table digging into his waffles.

"I hope your fat ass didn't eat them all," I say in greeting.

"Don't worry I made sure to leave you some scraps," he cackles.

I pile four waffles on my plate and load on the toppings. This is diabetes in the making.

I have a foodgasm as I take my first bite. Too good.

After finishing my breakfast I wash my plate and meet everyone in the living room. There's a pile of presents under the Christmas tree.

In true Christmas fashion mom makes us open our presents in front of everyone so she can see our reactions. I go first.

I receive a Victoria's Secret gift card pre-loaded with fifty dollars, the pink rhinestone iPhone case I've been begging my parents to buy me, a pink makeup glitter set from Mac, and clothes. All pink of course.

I'm happy.

As you get older you start to appreciate the finer things in life.

After presents we eat cake and watch Christmas movies. There's a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" I jump up. I open the door and my besties are standing on the other side.

"Surprise!" They cheer.

"Not that I'm not glad to see you guys but shouldn't you be with your families?"

"My mom went on a date," Nikole rolls her eyes. "Not that I'm not happy for her and all since she really needs to get over my dad."

"I've had enough of my family," Chanel says. "All my cousins, aunts, and uncles are over and they're so annoying."

"And I'm just visiting briefly," Ivy smiles.

I let them in and we head up to my room.

"So what'd you get?" Ivy flops down on my bed.

I show them my gifts and they oo and ah.

"And here are all your gifts," I hand them their respective gift bags.

"OMG!" Nikole squeaks. "You didn't!"

"I did," I grin.