36 || Round one

36 || Round one

"Ouch!"

"Stay still," Ivy snapped reaching forward again to apply more glittery pink eyeshadow. 

"Seriously Ivy how much glitter do I need?"

"However much I say you need," she replied leaning back. "There you big baby."

I flipped her off and stood pulling down my cheer skirt.

Today was the first round of the NHSCC elimination round. It was being held at the community center, which for the day had been turned into a gymnasium for cheer. I'd say there where about twenty different cheer teams here from different schools. The bathroom, hallways, and rooms were packed with girls getting ready. They main gym had the metal seats pulled out and families were arriving filling them up.

"I'm so nervous," Chanel came up to us with Nikole in tow. At her words my own stomach started to bubble with nerves.

Britney had made us practice two routines. One routine was called 'the non all out routine.' Since we were one of the last teams to perform she came up with this routine in case the other squads sucked badly. That way our routine would be good but not too try hard since the other teams were bad. Then we had an all out routine in case the teams ahead of us were good.

She made us learn two routines. Two. I was surprised I was still able to function after her boot cheer camp.

The girls and I went to observe the gymnasium. It was crowded but I spotted my parents with Carter's near the foot of the bleachers. Olivia and Sophia were chatting excitedly and pointing to every little thing they saw. Carter was talking with Ryan and Trevor.

"There's our star!" Mom announced as we approached. I realized with great horror they'd made a humongous sign for me. "You look lovely."

Then to everyone's surprise Sophia and Olivia started crying.

"What's wrong?" Her mom asked panicked.

"They're so pretty!" Sofia sniffles pointing at Nikole, Chanel, and I.

"We wanna be cheerleaders too!" Olivia cried.

I bit my lip to keep laughing. Carter groaned and rolled his eyes. His mom gave him a look.

"Don't worry," Ivy knelt next to them. "Once you're older you can be whatever you want. And that includes a cheerleader."

"Really?" Sophia said in a small voice.

"Really."

Nikole, Chanel, and Ivy's parents came over. All the adults talked while us teenagers gathered around.

"So I guess now I should say break a leg," Trevor spoke.

"That's the worst thing you could possibly say," Nikole said.

"Especially since it's quite possible I could break a leg," I chimed in. "Or an arm. My neck."

"My neck, my back, lick my pu-"

Immediately Ivy slapped a hand over Chanel's mouth and we all laughed.

"Team meeting!" We heard Britney's unmistakeable bark and I sighed.

"Catch you guys afterwards," Chanel said still laughing.

"Go, fight, win!" Carter said in a high pitched voice. Trevor and Ryan burst into another fit of laughter while I rolled my eyes.

Nikole was reluctant to part from Ryan but we managed to pry them apart. It wouldn't be long before she completed her New Years resolution. Then only Ivy and Chanel would be left.