43 || Cheer Nationals Pt. 1

I can't believe it.

We made it to cheer nationals.

As we speak I'm packing my suitcase for Florida.

Unbelievable.

48 hours earlier

"This is it girls," Britney says holding the envelope. "Sealed within this hallowed envelope is our fate. Our destiny. There are only two ending results here. One: we accomplish our dream. Or two: we fail miserably."

I was practically bouncing on my toes. Could she just open the dang thing already?

She carefully slices it open and you can hear all of us as we suck in a collective breath. No ones dare moves or breathes. She slowly unfolds the letter and begins to read out loud.

"Dear Santa Cruz high school cardinals cheer team. It is with great pleasure that we inform you that you're squad has been selected to compete in the finals of NHSCC. We would like to formally invite you-"

She doesn't even finish before we're all jumping up and down screaming.

"WE MADE IT!" Chanel cartwheels across the room.

Even Ivy is squealing along with us, and she's our mascot.

"Disney, Disney!" Emery chants.

I'm snapped out of my flash back from a knock on my door. Mom sticks her head in.

"You ready?"

"Just about," I zip up my travel bag then look around my room tapping my chin. I feel like I forgot something...

That's right. My glitter. It's sitting on my desk.

The drive to the airport feels like an eternity. My stomach is flipping and flipping in nervousness and excitement.

"You guys are flying out for the finals right?" I ask.

"Of course kiddo," my dad responds. "We wouldn't miss it."

"Just be safe okay?" My mom cautions. "Don't get eaten by an alligator."

I roll my eyes. "Don't worry, I won't."

When we arrive at the airport I practically jump out the car while it's still moving.

"You forgot your luggage!" My dad calls out after me as I race inside. I spot my team huddled in a group and Coach Brown checking us in.

"You're here!" Nikole hugs me as I approach. "I almost thought you weren't going to make it."

"Sorry, I forgot my glitter."

Chanel and Ivy sidle over to me.

"I'm so excited to get to the resort," Chanel says giddily. "I bet their room service is bomb."