S i x

S I X

「   S  I  X  」

:

Holy sh*t

I stare at her, my hazel brown eyes staring blankly at her pair of baby blue. I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek about to hit the diners table in front of me.

This can't be happening, S-she can't be my mother—and h-he can't be my father.

There is no way—A man that sinister—No twisted, deranged and manipulative could have a child. That's absurd.

The man  is a murderer, thief and a nut case with plenty of loose screws rattling round that messy mound neon green locks.

" A-are you ok? I know its a lot to take in b-but I want to be there for you." Harleen or should I say Harley says softly. " I want to be the mother I've always wanted to be for you." Her lip trembling between her teeth as she bites it nervously.

This isn't happening. I'm still asleep on the car aren't I? This  cannot be true.

My head feels as if it's going into over drive. The worlds biggest tempest swirling around my head.

" I wanted you to have a normal life. One were you would be protected from harm." Her voice breaking as tears filled her eyes. " I wanted you to be oblivious to this pain. I wanted this for mysel—."

" This can't be true—He isn't my father."

My words disconnecting her from me. It must of hurt to hear those words, even the ones that dared to dance on my tongue.

If he was the Joker, then Harleen must be—Harley Quinn.

" He is. He's the only one it could be. I was faithful. I would never have betrayed him like that—." Her voice fading as her eyes filled with a sudden light. " He has to know."

"WHAT?!" I blurt startled by the words that just left her mouth.

After everything he's out her threw she wants to tell him. She wants him to know of me.

"Harley you can't. He will kil-."

" No. he wouldn't dare. You're practically his heir. He'll be forced to protect you. He must."

Before I knew it Harley had grasped my hand, tugging me out the diner doors towards the car. To my protests she continued to drive through the streets of Gotham like a mad woman.
The screech of the hot rubber tires against the tarmac of the road ringed in my ears as we curved around street corners.