N i n e t e e n

N I N E T E E N

「  N  I  N  E  T  E  E  N  」

:

The streets where coated in bleak darkness of hallowing night. The dim street lights scattered around the dingy deserted  streets like speckles of bloody splattered across a crime scene, neither here nor there.

Derelict buildings standing like ruins symbolising a more chaotic destructive time. But little did those people know back then what horrors we stood before today.

The low rumble of a cars engine crept through the shallow emptiness towards the electrifying buzz of electrifying neon lights and flickering fire pits. Small clusters of ravenous heathens stood together, singing, shouting, slurring along to music that blurred, alcohol in hand, gathered together in their masses around a variety of modified custom cars. All brandish with various symbols and trademarks.

" Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas no more." Jake muttered lowly, nervousness washing over his face as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

" Definitely not in Kansas." I scoffed lowly, glancing out the window. All eyes on us. A hard lump forming in my throat as some shouted towards the car, a boy with bright blue hair running up to the window of the car viciously growling at me, before giving a malicious grin. Little kissing his finger tips before wiggling them in my direction.

No doubt either drunk of their heads or buzzed off some drug that's going round.

"Well he seemed friendly." Jake squeaked pulling his car to a open space. Furthest from the chaos of whatever is going on here.

Anxiously I stepped out the car, no hesitation in my action as I slammed the door shut. My eyes narrowing a the harsh glow of the old trash can filled with burning fire.

The smell of alcohol, drugs and gasoline in the air making my nostrils burn.

"Scarlett!" A feminine voice hollered from the distance. Turning my body I noticed the familiar silhouette of Katrina emerging from a small group of fiendishly young teenagers. "You made it. I knew I could count on you." She grinned a red solo cup in her hand, raising it to her lips.
" Come I'll introduce you to my friends here."
Her free hand reaching out sharply, her long fingers clutching a hold of my wrist, pulling me from Jake who scurried from inside the car to my side.

" Alrighty fellas—." She drawled slinging her arm around my shoulder lazily. " This handsome young fellow here is Darkyn, the little pink heard girl here is Tamara, or Tammi as she likes to be called. This is her brother Zach and this is Christopher." She purred raising her red cup to her lips, guzzling down the contents from within it, wiping away the small spillage from her bottom lip with the back of her hand.