E l e v e n

E L E V E N

「  E  L  E  V E  N  」

:

" What did you expect me to be like?—
A power crazed monster?"

" No—." His voice sincere as our eyes caught a glimpse of one another. " I didn't expect you to be so—."

" So what?"

A slight laugh escaping his lips as he stumbled to come clean about his thoughts.

" I didn't expect you to be so—beautiful." His eyes bearing into mine. A glimpse of innocence hiding in his, or so I thought.

" oh you're good." Turning my eyes from his. " How long did it take you to be taught that? I'm guessing he taught you? Or maybe Harley—."

" No—Scarlett I don't understand-?"

" You're quite the actor. You almost had me fooled for a split second."

Bewilderment in his eyes as he stayed silent.

" I know people like you. You just enjoy feasting upon people when their vulnerable."

I can't believe I almost fell for that. The damsel in distress call. How I almost fell for that look in his eyes. How he played on his prey weakness to satisfy himself. To make his prey feel all the more vulnerable before jumping in for the kill.

Cleansing my mind of all thoughts I slowly stood to my feet, gaining my composure. My eyes trailing off into the distance. The cool night sky coming into play as the sunsets warm colours of peachy pinks melting into burning oranges oozing a yellow glow. Whilst the top cooled into the bitter indigo of the night.

" The cliche card. Well played. He would probably be proud of you."

My tone bitter as I felt his presence behind Me.

" Scarlett— I truly mean-."

" Drop the act. Before you say something you shouldn't." I scolded as Harley voice began to grow louder.

" Scarlett.  Puddin wants you" she yelled barging through the door, excitement flashing in her eyes. Oblivious to the interruption she has caused.

Her eyes narrowing into a glare as she saw Jerome. How his body stood close to mine, you both staring at the sunset.

I gave a small fake smile towards Harley. Not wasting no time to move away from Jerome. The back of my head the last thing he saw as I sauntered away. Following Harley orders.